What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Raiders

Penrose_11

Juniors
And yes before I get laughed at, I'm fully aware coach will name an unchanged team today, with Vete in as a straight swap for Gubb.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
4. Kata (I really think this should be Tui)

I really don't understand this. The guy is playing great footy, is one of the best 2-3-4 centres in the comp and you want to switch him out for a guy who has played centre in 4 of his 41 NRL games, none since a year ago?

And the Luke in the backrow thing...with the side you've picked, you're moving guys who are in top form to squeeze other guys in. That's a McFadden trick. There's a guy who isn't in great form called Ken Maumalo who can come out, Tui in, straight swap. Done. If Tommy has lost all speed, you'd not want him at dummy half would you? Where's our spark and exposing holes around the ruck going to come from?

My side would be: 1. Tui 2. Fusi 3. Ayshford 4. Kata 5. Manu 6. Hingano/TL (I want the former but I know it's not happening) 7. SJ 8. Matulino 9. Luke 10. Lillyman 11. Thompson 12. Hoffman 13. Mannering 14. Afoa 15. Sipley 16. Vete (if fit) 17. Lisone.

Lisone on a short leash, however, and open to dropping if guys in NSW Cup are performing. Luke plays 80, And the guys off the bench play in short bursts either side of halftime (Vete a bit longer to take pressure off Matulino to play 60+ which nullifies his effectiveness).

JJ

Immortal
Liking that bench - I'd also have Tui starting, somewhere, and spending some time at fullback... also starting Matulino and Lillyman, and that bench potentially adds punch, shame Lane isn't pressing too

Penrose_11

Juniors
And the Luke in the backrow thing...with the side you've picked, you're moving guys who are in top form to squeeze other guys in. That's a McFadden trick.

Like I said in my earlier post, I was just throwing things around and thinking outside the square.

I actually think that team u had is pretty much what we need to go with. Starting Tui and moving Fus, and also starting Matulino instead of off the bench is our top 13. The only change I'd go with is maybe Tevaga instead of Lisone. Hopefully coach is reading this and matches what he's about to announce in the next 60 mins

vvvrulz

Coach
My side would be: 1. Tui 2. Fusi 3. Ayshford 4. Kata 5. Manu 6. Hingano/TL (I want the former but I know it's not happening) 7. SJ 8. Matulino 9. Luke 10. Lillyman 11. Thompson 12. Hoffman 13. Mannering 14. Afoa 15. Sipley 16. Vete (if fit) 17. Lisone.

Really can't argue with that.

Maumalo has probably done enough to get to the bench though.

WARRIORS v CANBERRA RAIDERS

GIO Stadium, Canberra

3.00pm, Saturday, July 23

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 DAVID FUSITU’A

2 KEN MAUMALO

3 BLAKE AYSHFORD

4 SOLOMONE KATA

5 MANU VATUVEI

6 THOMAS LEULUAI

7 SHAUN JOHNSON

8 JACOB LILLYMAN

9 ISSAC LUKE

10 JAMES GAVET

11 BUNTY AFOA

12 RYAN HOFFMAN (c)

13 SIMON MANNERING

Interchange:

14 TUIMOALA LOLOHEA

15 SAM LISONE

16 BEN MATULINO

17 JAZZ TEVAGA

HEAD COACH | ANDREW McFADDEN

http://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2016/07/19/your_team_v_manly_se.html

Big Marn

Juniors
our other props are so crap McFadden is going with Gubb to Sydney to battle the 7 week ban? What the f**k is going on at the Warriors. Now there's only 2 on the bench... I dont get it.

Meth

Staff member
So Lillyman for Gubb, or more to the point, Gavet for Gubb.

ok

Meth

Staff member
our other props are so crap McFadden is going with Gubb to Sydney to battle the 7 week ban? What the f**k is going on at the Warriors. Now there's only 2 on the bench... I dont get it.

maybe trying to get a few weeks added on?

JJ

Immortal
Vete's still hurt?

Weird though, essentially Matulino is on the bench because otherwise our bench would add nothing - but with him there all we have starting is Lillyman's power - Gavet and Gubb add nothing in terms of bending the line, Lisone does sporadically... and of course everyone is wondering whether Tui will be used...

vvvrulz

Coach
I like the guy, but why are we wasting bench spots on Tevega?
Since Luke flicked the switch we're sorted for an 80 min hooker.

McFadden has actually decided that our wingers are going to pick up forward duty full time, which is incredibly stupid.

Gavet isn't as bad as it's being made out to be, he's not Lillyman but he's not Gubb either.

Meth

Staff member
Yeah, anyone know what the deal with Vete and Thompson are?

Meth

Staff member
I like the guy, but why are we wasting bench spots on Tevega?
Since Luke flicked the switch we're sorted for an 80 min hooker.

Nah, he's a backrower now, and always kinda has been.

Can Afoa play for 80? Is there a better second rower option?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Forgetting who the plodder is who is on the charge, they should fight it - it was an absolute nothing shot.

Now this week, we've got two absolute monsters in Paulo and Boyd starting at prop for the Raiders, and Papalii in the second row, and we're matching it with Jake and Gavet, with Ben on the bench, Lisone who's not that big + a back reserve and a hooker who claims to play back row but isn't anywhere near the size? Wow. The Raiders are going to fancy themselves to eat us alive up front.

Oh no that's right, Manu and Ken are forwards. With tits for fingers.

Meth

Staff member
Playing Canberra, the props are imperative- I feel like we're coming to a gun fight with knives...well, a knife in Gavet.

1. Jack Wighton 2. Edrick Lee 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Blake Austin 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Junior Paulo 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Shannon Boyd 11. Josh Papalii 12. Elliot Whitehead 13. Shaun Fensom

Interchange: 14. Iosia Soliola 15. Luke Bateman 16. Paul Vaughan 17. Joseph Tapine

Maybe Wiki should play this week