What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Roosters

TheDMC

Bench
According to nrl.com team lists, SJ out for 3-4 weeks. Luke named to start....hmm poor bloke is going to be ruined after this season!

Lino replaced SJ (obviously) and mannerking to start, Papa from the bench. Rest the same as last weekend.

Roosters unchanged, they are trying to get Radley’s charge downgraded. Good luck with that! It was brutal, would have knocked most players heads off, but not mighty Taupau

JJ

Immortal
VODAFONE WARRIORS v SYDNEY ROOSTERS

5.00pm, Saturday, May 12, 2018
Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)
2 DAVID FUSITU'A
3 PETA HIKU (Ngāriki Kaiputahi)
4 SOLOMONE KATA
5 KEN MAUMALO
6 BLAKE GREEN
7 MASON LINO
8 BUNTY AFOA
9 ISSAC LUKE (Nga Ruahine Rangi, Te Atiawa)
10 AGNATIUS PAASI
11 SIMON MANNERING
12 TOHU HARRIS (Ngāti Kahungunu)
13 ADAM BLAIR (Ngā Puhi)
Interchange:
14 KARL LAWTON
15 SAM LISONE
16 ISAIAH PAPALI'I
17 JAMES GAVET
18 SAM COOK (Ngāti Raukawa, Ngāti Whatua)
20 JAZZ TEVAGA
21 ALBERT VETE
22 ANTHONY GELLING

HEAD COACH | STEPHEN KEARNEY (Te Atiawa)

Nice touch for indigenous round

sup42

Juniors
Yeah when those two are in contention we have incredible depth in outside backs. Probably the best the team has ever had.
Goof point about most NRL outside backs ever....thats actually indisputable.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I know he's coming off injury and there's not necessarily an 80-minute spot anyway, but I wonder how much of how Simon's being played now is with an eye to the future and ensuring he gets more seasons out of his body? He's only 31, you'd hope he can go until 33-34 (ie 2020-21).

Lord knows between 2012-17 he took years of his existence with all the cleaning up and putting his body on the line for others he had to do.

It's going to be an epic occasion when he reaches 300. What a legend. Without question my favourite sports person of all time.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Good point. Completely different player obviously but I don’t want to see Simons career here end like Manu’s, that was hard to stomach. Hopefully he hits 300 at the end of the regular season and nudges 350 by retirement. And THERE is your hall of fame Warrior.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Good point. Completely different player obviously but I don’t want to see Simons career here end like Manu’s, that was hard to stomach. Hopefully he hits 300 at the end of the regular season and nudges 350 by retirement. And THERE is your hall of fame Warrior.

Hear what you're saying in that Manu was a club legend who faded away and didn't get the sendoff that his efforts at the club deserved...but to a point that was self-inflicted with the Stupid 6 involvement, and none of us would be surprised if he was one of the unprofessionals Doyle talked about.

Probably moreso a comparison with Pricey, also a club legend who also didn't get the sendoff he deserved because of his foot injury, something he couldn't control.

Simon's so comfortably the greatest Warrior of all-time in my book, not sure if others hold that viewpoint but that would have to make him a Hall of Fame cert at some stage. Something tells me, however, that the unassuming guy he is, not necessarily showcased in the highlight reel, and the fact he's perennially underrated across the Tasman might mean he's a longer shot for the HoF.

By my count, Simon should play game 300 in the final round at home v Canberra if he's on the field for every round until then? Holy shit, imagine that - a Friday night home game to make the 4 (best case scenario) or confirm the 8 for the first time since 2011, and the Manner King's 300th. I'd walk up for that game if I had to, and i live 250km away.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think the Stupid 6 involvement was only a minor part of it tbh. It was far more the fact that he played his last season and a bit physically busted to hell. He was badly managed in that regard and deserved better.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Fair enough, I don't know the ins and outs of his body (in a metaphoric sense). I was always an incredibly big Manu fan, and I have to admit the Stupid 6/tweeting from the movies during a loss/inane snapchat posts on the way back from losses kind of soured him for me at the end. Which shouldn't really have been the case given how much he gave the club, and how he put his heart and soul into becoming a better player after that cold dark night in Parra 07.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It basically came out after the stupid six thing that he was pretty much reliant on painkillers at that point. Pretty shit situation.