What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Souths

TurtleWarrior

Juniors
VODAFONE WARRIORS v SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS
Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland
4.00pm, Sunday, May 22

VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 KEVIN LOCKE
2 KRISNAN INU
3 LEWIS BROWN
4 SIMON MANNERING (c)
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 JAMES MALONEY
7 BRETT SEYMOUR
8 RUSSELL PACKER
9 AARON HEREMAIA
10 BEN MATULINO
11 FELETI MATEO
12 ELIJAH TAYLOR
13 MICHEAL LUCK
Interchange:
SHAUN BERRIGAN
LANCE HOHAIA
JEREMY LATIMORE
SIONE LOUSI
ALEHANA MARA
JOEL MOON
UKUMA TA’AI
COACH: IVAN CLEARY

Source: www.warriors.co.nz

TurtleWarrior

Juniors
Surprised Brown has been named to start, thought that injury he had may have sidelined him for a bit. Other than that, I expect Mara, Moon and Berrigan to drop off.
Hohaia to play utility and Lousi, Latimore and Ta'ai reserve forwards. Pretty unlucky for Mara though. Thought he had a top game last week.
Moon might be a late inclusion if Brown isn't 100% but I don't think we need Berrigan there.
Thoughts?

Izz

Bench
Not sure why Heremaia's got the starting spot back so easy. The service out of dummy half has been much better with Mara. The forwards can actually time their runs without having to worry about how slow the pass is going to be or whether it's going to be behind them.

And only one prop on the bench?

One Warrior

Bench
Surprised Brown has been named to start, thought that injury he had may have sidelined him for a bit. Other than that, I expect Mara, Moon and Berrigan to drop off.
Hohaia to play utility and Lousi, Latimore and Ta'ai reserve forwards. Pretty unlucky for Mara though. Thought he had a top game last week.
Moon might be a late inclusion if Brown isn't 100% but I don't think we need Berrigan there.
Thoughts?

Agreed Moon is there only as cover for Brown, would be ok with that if Brown is out, disappointed that Gavet/Poching aren't being given a chance to debut, Lousi is obviously being run as a prop. Mara should be starting and Heremaia should be in the Vulcans. Yes unless Brown is out injured, Mara, Moon and Berrigan will drop of, not my choice though.

hitman82

Bench
ugh... so we could see the following run out:

1 KEVIN LOCKE
2 KRISNAN INU
3 JOEL MOON
4 SIMON MANNERING (c)
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 JAMES MALONEY
7 BRETT SEYMOUR
8 RUSSELL PACKER
9 AARON HEREMAIA
10 BEN MATULINO
11 FELETI MATEO
12 ELIJAH TAYLOR
13 MICHEAL LUCK
Interchange:
LANCE HOHAIA
JEREMY LATIMORE
SIONE LOUSI
UKUMA TA’AI

...I hope there are a couple of pre-game changes (ie Mara to remain, Heremaia or Hohaia to drop out, Gavet or Poching to the bench over Lousi) but this is what I expect.

devoid

Juniors
Yeah, I'm hoping Mara gets another crack too. Will be surprised if both Brown and Berrigan are fit to play. I know they are making noises about Brown feeling good and such, but if there is even a hint of doubt about his fitness n particular, he should do the rehab route; we will need him further in the season.

Shaping up as a big game. A win will see us go three wins clear of the bunnies.

blain

Juniors
1 KEVIN LOCKE
2 KRISNAN INU
3 LEWIS BROWN/JOEL MOON
4 SIMON MANNERING (c)
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 JAMES MALONEY
7 BRETT SEYMOUR
8 RUSSELL PACKER
9 ALAHANA MARA
10 BEN MATULINO
11 FELETI MATEO
12 ELIJAH TAYLOR
13 MICHEAL LUCK
Interchange:
LANCE HOHAIA
JEREMY LATIMORE/UPU POUCHING
JAMES GAVET
UKUMA TA’AI

Thats what I want. Mara to be rewarded, and the young props who have been performing in the lower grades for 2 seasons to get their chance when we are short in that position.

Rich102

Staff member
Come on guys. Spare a thought for Heremaia's circumstances. He was the incumbant prior to this problem, surely he deserves a chance.

blain

Juniors
Everyone feels for Aaron Rich, I just dont think he was playing well enough to be out for 2 weeks and get a starting spot in the side straight away. Especially when in my opinion we got better service from Mara, and he is the future for this team.

Similar to the Locke at Fullback move, but this time Ivan has stuck with Heremaia.

Meth

Staff member
Everyone feels for Aaron Rich, I just dont think he was playing well enough to be out for 2 weeks and get a starting spot in the side straight away. Especially when in my opinion we got better service from Mara, and he is the future for this team.

I feel heavy-hearted for Heremaia, but that doesn't mean he's the best option at 9.

I like Matulino comning off the bench, offers more impact than Layimore so for that i hope Latimore starts and Ben comes off the bench. I would rather see Lewi on the bench and Berrigan start becos doesnt make sence having 2 little men on the bench.

This game bothers me i hope we dont go in thinking weve won it already cos we are on a bit of a run at the mo

One Warrior

Bench
Likewise definitely feel for Aaron, what has happened is gut wrenching, but it does not take away the fact that Mara is performing and deserves to continue starting and now it looks like he will be out of the 17.

TurtleWarrior

Juniors
I like Matulino comning off the bench, offers more impact than Layimore so for that i hope Latimore starts and Ben comes off the bench. I would rather see Lewi on the bench and Berrigan start becos doesnt make sence having 2 little men on the bench.

This game bothers me i hope we dont go in thinking weve won it already cos we are on a bit of a run at the mo

Agree with Matulino being better utilized off the bench. And would rather Berrigan not be in the side at all tbh.
I know in the past we could become complacent after stringing some wins together, but I don't get the same feeling with this team. Whether or not its because we haven't been winning convincingly or the experience of the team making sure we don't - I don't think we'll see a different team come Sunday only cos we'll be favourites.

Come on guys. Spare a thought for Heremaia's circumstances. He was the incumbant prior to this problem, surely he deserves a chance.

I feel for AZZA too, I think he needs to clear his mind and sort himself out before returning back to Rugby League...

ozbash

Referee

totally agree mate, the knives have been out for him all season.

he hasnt gone that badly..

Warmess

Juniors
Best team on form should always get picked. Mara has been far and a way the better player, and after his last game, definitely deserves to keep his place over Heremaia. Azzas form this year has been shite, and he doesn't deserve his place in the side, doesn't matter whats been going on off the field, if you don't put in on it, you shouldn't be in the side.

ozbash

Referee
Best team on form should always get picked.

It does and he is.

Mara has been far and a way the better player

lol, Rd 11, how many minutes has Mara played ? Why has he played them ? How many times has he been named in the starting line up ?

Azzas form this year has been shite, and he doesn't deserve his place in the side,

well, I wouldnt say his form has been shit, he is playing in a pretty key position and for a good few of the earlier rounds the whole teams form was shit yet in your opinion Heremaia needs singling out and should be made an example of.
He is always going to make the odd wrong call at hooker but he doesnt consistently make them.

If we make it through to October, we will be able to thank shit players like Aaron for getting us there,,, I suppose.

Taniwha

Juniors
Ta'ai needs to be there. His absent was obvious last weekend. Also agree it's Gavet's turn for a burn, Latimore's just a stop gap. Gavet oozes potential. I'd have him in there before Lousi. Cut Berrigan, He's shown nothing of what he had before the ESL. i too feel for Heremaia, but Mara just adds that spark and fleet footed go forward from dummy half that complements Hohaia..

wait till fish is back, then the real headaches begin..

Latest posts