What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Storm

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
perhaps maumalo being outside a different centre will benefit him
It may do as I have seen Ken throw his hands up in the air in dissapointment when Kata failed to pass him the ball.

The thing is Ken has a very alarming statistic of averaging a turnover every game. Thats a an uncompleted set and a extra set of defence for us. Im not sure how many, if any, tries scored against have come from that but I do know hes only managed 3 tries for us in his whole career. Its more mistakes than tries. Hes a weakness.

jaseg

Juniors
What the actual f**k.

If I cared about the tipping comp I'd reverse my tip (despite always tipping the Warriors anyway).

At least Ben's in the picture...

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
well its official. Ken is SK's pet.
Im truly not suprised but I am pissed off. Its sad to expect something and then get pissed off.

Im happy to see Thompson in there, despite his game last week. I wouldve dropped Sao for Afoa though.

Last edited:

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Ken was never going to get chopped because "gee look at those metres!"
jgVO_f-maxage-0.gif

possibly when mutts is back ken might get put in reserve grade. ken is doing the job of our forwards. once our forwards consistently do there jobs ken might be having a spell

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Phew, at least Ken isn't marking last year's top tryscorer again. Wait, what? Vunivalu currently licking his lips somewhere in Melbourne, wishing he didn't have to wait until Tuesday.

I've just recovered from watching his first 'effort' on Leilua. To me, a pathetic attempt like that should equal compulsary reserve grade. Honestly, Ken is never going to make it as an NRL winger, it's embarrasing to see him attempt to catch and tackle, and 3 tries for a wing with his career is probably unparalleled in terms of lack of potency.

everyone knows I got man love for maumalo. ive stuck up for him every week this season. but after that effort against leilua and the back peddling in the 2nd i cant anymore. him and kata probably lost us the game

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Phew, at least Ken isn't marking last year's top tryscorer again. Wait, what? Vunivalu currently licking his lips somewhere in Melbourne, wishing he didn't have to wait until Tuesday.

I've just recovered from watching his first 'effort' on Leilua. To me, a pathetic attempt like that should equal compulsary reserve grade. Honestly, Ken is never going to make it as an NRL winger, it's embarrasing to see him attempt to catch and tackle, and 3 tries for a wing with his career is probably unparalleled in terms of lack of potency.

I'm pretty sure Jonno Wright has a better strike rate last year ffs

TheDMC

Bench
everyone knows I got man love for maumalo. ive stuck up for him every week this season. but after that effort against leilua and the back peddling in the 2nd i cant anymore. him and kata probably lost us the game

I developed a small dose of man like for Ken but always thought your man love for him was some weird fetish thing. He was undeserving.

I hate that we need ken for his meters cause our forwards are crap but that's the situation we face. Considering he has had pretty good performances the last four or so rounds I'm ok with him playing this next game (and we still need those meters). But another error game anytime soon he has to go.

WellsNZ

Juniors
I feel bad about piling on Maumalo sometimes because it isn't really his fault that coaches are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. He isn't entirely devoid of redeeming qualities, it's just he isn't a wing plain and simple.

It feels like in recent years dynamic finishers on the wings have grown increasingly significant as well, yet surely he has the worst strike rate in the NRL among wingers, probably by a significant margin.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Think we as a club need to accept that Manu was a once in a lifetime winger. We need to understand that it is ok to adapt and change our style to suit what we currently have, OR buy what we need, rather than manufacture a clone

JJ

Immortal
Not defending Maumalo and Kata, nor the brain's trusts ongoing geniused selections - they are pretty much shit, and Maumalo really isn't a wing - but Leilua and Rapana will make much better players than them look stupid this year, maybe that's Kearney's rationale?

JJ

Immortal
Think we as a club need to accept that Manu was a once in a lifetime winger. We need to understand that it is ok to adapt and change our style to suit what we currently have, OR buy what we need, rather than manufacture a clone

Yep - Manu is/was a freak - not sure why some maligned him so much, but we won't see another any time soon

WellsNZ

Juniors
Yep - Manu is/was a freak - not sure why some maligned him so much, but we won't see another any time soon

Some of the criticism was deserved at times but the end result was one of the all time great try scorers and that was the tradeoff for some of his shortcomings which is a deal most would gladly make.

Latest posts