What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Storm

Blair

Coach
VODAFONE WARRIORS v MELBOURNE STORM

AAMI Park, Melbourne
7.00pm, Wednesday, April 25, 2018

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)
2 DAVID FUSITU'A
3 PETA HIKU
4 ANTHONY GELLING
5 KEN MAUMALO
6 BLAKE GREEN
7 MASON LINO
8 BUNTY AFOA
9 ISSAC LUKE
10 AGNATIUS PAASI
11 SIMON MANNERING
12 ISAIAH PAPALI'I
13 ADAM BLAIR
Interchange:
14 JAZZ TEVAGA
15 SAM LISONE
16 ALBERT VETE
17 CHARNZE NICOLL-KLOKSTAD
18 LIGI SAO
20 JOSEPH VUNA
21 CHRIS SATAE
22 SAM COOK

HEAD COACH | STEPHEN KEARNEY

Last February, if we were told this was the side to play Melbourne on Anzac Day, what would we have thought the score would be?

I'd have gone 36-10 to the Storm. That takes into account we traditionally perform really well in this fixture, whilst the Storm may've had some teething problems without Cronk.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It's a major blow to lose Harris, and obviously SJ not being there as well - I was at the 2014 game in Melbourne where he basically won it on his own. He was epic that night.

But with our structure and the steel we're playing with, and yeah the Storm are still the Storm but they're not world beaters this year, I expect us to be in it up to our eye balls in the 80th minute. We still match it with them right across the park.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Melbourne Storm v New Zealand Warriors
Wednesday 25 April, 7pm
AAMI Park

1. Billy Slater
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Will Chambers
4. Curtis Scott
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Ryley Jacks
8. Tim Glasby
9. Cameron Smith
10. Nelson Asofa Solomona
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Brandon Smith
15. Christian Welch
16. Sam Kasiano
17. Joe Stimson
18. Pat Kaufusi
19. Tui Kamikamica
20. Brodie Croft
21. Young Tonumaipea

sup42

Juniors
Last February, if we were told this was the side to play Melbourne on Anzac Day, what would we have thought the score would be?

I'd have gone 36-10 to the Storm. That takes into account we traditionally perform really well in this fixture, whilst the Storm may've had some teething problems without Cronk.
you probably couldnt imagine yourself watching too far past the first time Melbourne gained more than a two try lead ?

I know I would be changing the channel.

Wherever you look there is a story of remarkable coaching performance.

The way the development players are starting to look like part of a well prepared system to take over from the first picks is like one of the best NRL clubs you could compare with (certainly Lino has leapt from being poor the week before his initiation. Gelling, and so many more are slotting in to the system seamlessly.

We are just not used to seeing a properly run organization, certainly no one could imagine surviving this level of injury toll,

you probably couldnt imagine yourself watching too far past the first time Melbourne gained more than a two try lead ?

I know I would be changing the channel.

Wherever you look there is a story of remarkable coaching performance.

The way the development players are starting to look like part of a well prepared system to take over from the first picks is like one of the best NRL clubs you could compare with (certainly Lino has leapt from being poor the week before his initiation. Gelling, and so many more are slotting in to the system seamlessly.

We are just not used to seeing a properly run organization, certainly no one could imagine surviving this level of injury toll,

100%right

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I'd be looking at Blair to step up and put some big shots on the Melbourne pack and halves with JBrom out. He's tailor made for this shit.

Go right up to that red line, cross it a couple of times if you have to but just get the job done

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Yeah that’s onviously his place in the side right now. But I said APART from him. Depth and competition for places are good, right?
Yeah sorry, quick to reply with selective reading and missed out the word 'apart'.

Its so strange that we now have depth, or so we think, because when we looked at the team at the start of the year, the recruitment gave us little to be excited about.

Competition for places brings out the best in players to state the obvious. Yep, good.

If we beat the Storm we might become premiership favourites at the betting agencies.

Currently 4th behind Storm, Dragons and Roosters.

Blair

Coach
I've just remembered how late in the day this fixture is. I'm getting sleepy, and there's still over an hour till kick-off.

A public holiday is such a long day.

Anyone at the game?

WithTheDawn

Juniors
Oh jeez are we allowed expectations now? I'm not sure my emotions are OK with that just yet. Still plenty of time for them to crash and burn. I'm happy taking it one week at a time.

It's OK, they aren't allowed to crash and burn until we get our hopes up again. And that won't happen for so long because of how disillusioned we have become. By then they should be able to sneak into the finals :p.

Latest posts