What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Titans

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
After going close with the Storms best team last week, I've gotta feeling we should win this won quite comfortably.

Of all the games we've got and also considering Lukes niggle, I personally would rest him for this week. If we win by 30-40 this week and Luke aggrevates that calf strain to grade 3, well that would be a real dud decision to field him IMO. I just hope he comes through unscathed thats all.

Nah I dont rate the Titans. We should win this week.

If we win by 30-40, he's probably played a big part. Look at last week, he goes off and we're a completely different (worse) football side.

If his calf is no good, he doesn't play. If it's good to go, he plays. Same as whether we were playing the Storm or Titans, it's 2 competition points we absolutely need.

The Titans aren't bad. Six of their pack have been involved in Origin or Test footy (I'm counting Ryan James here) and there's decent quality in the backs. They can beat good teams, and have this year. If we lose, we head away to the Drags next week - somewhere we never win - and the Tigers can sniff an opening with a pretty decent draw coming home. We won't be taking it easy at all. Should we win? Yeah, probably. But everyone's watched NRL enough to know you underestimate any side at your peril.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
If we win by 30-40, he's probably played a big part. Look at last week, he goes off and we're a completely different (worse) football side.

If his calf is no good, he doesn't play. If it's good to go, he plays. Same as whether we were playing the Storm or Titans, it's 2 competition points we absolutely need.

The Titans aren't bad. Six of their pack have been involved in Origin or Test footy (I'm counting Ryan James here) and there's decent quality in the backs. They can beat good teams, and have this year. If we lose, we head away to the Drags next week - somewhere we never win - and the Tigers can sniff an opening with a pretty decent draw coming home. We won't be taking it easy at all. Should we win? Yeah, probably. But everyone's watched NRL enough to know you underestimate any side at your peril.
Yeah they got some good players. Ryan James would be a star in any of the top teams.

Ive already mentioned something along the lines of where in the NRL, anyone can beat anyone.

I think we should be able to get a good score with our 2nd string hooker. We gotta good team this week. Itll be nice to have a good team against the big teams rather than have our best team only play the lower ranked teams.

Blair

Coach

And here was I anticipating a nice, relaxing weekend.

Meth

Staff member
1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)
2 DAVID FUSITU’A
3 GERARD BEALE
4 SOLOMONE KATA
5 KEN MAUMALO
6 BLAKE GREEN
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 JAMES GAVET
9 JAZZ TEVAGA
10 AGNATIUS PAASI
11 ISAIAH PAPALI’I
12 LEIVAHA PULU
13 SIMON MANNERING
Interchange:
14 KARL LAWTON
15 SAM LISONE
16 JOSEPH VUNA
17 BUNTY AFOA

Not a terrible team

JJ

Immortal
Need to get those two right, not the game to risk them given top 8 is pretty secure

Titans are lacking confidence at the moment, the have the middle to beat up but Taylor seems well put of sorts and the refs hate them, more than even

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Need to get those two right, not the game to risk them given top 8 is pretty secure

Titans are lacking confidence at the moment, the have the middle to beat up but Taylor seems well put of sorts and the refs hate them, more than even

Disagree....tigers have an easy run home and I believe we need to win at least three more games...four to be safe. We lose this weekend it's season over for me..

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I am now officially shitting myself about the Tigers coming to get us. Luke out, feels like the perfect time for the season to unravel.

Tevaga and Lawton need to come up big because inept non-Luke dummy half play has cruelled us all season

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Disagree....tigers have an easy run home and I believe we need to win at least three more games...four to be safe. We lose this weekend it's season over for me..

I think we have 4 games that we SHOULD win - Titans, Dogs, Knights and Raiders. Games against Dragons and Panthers are both winnable for too, although I think that all of the remaining games we need to turn up to win, which is not something the Warriors are known for doing.

Because the top 8 is so congested, I think 5 wins will see us snag a top 4 spot. Roosters, Sharks, Broncos and Panthers all have games that could shoot them up or down the ladder.

Imo Tigers would have to do too much to get to the 8

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I am now officially shitting myself about the Tigers coming to get us. Luke out, feels like the perfect time for the season to unravel.

Tevaga and Lawton need to come up big because inept non-Luke dummy half play has cruelled us all season

Better Luke is withdrawn now than last minute or breaking down. Lawton is no mug and hopefully will play 60 or so, hopefully With Green back we hold direction the rest of the time.

Speaking of hookers is there any news on how Nat Roaches rehab is going?

Leber

Bench
Thats really disappointing.

Titans shouldnt be underestimated. We will have a fight on our hands this sunday.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Lukes out is a huge loss but lets get behind Tevaga (who Ive been giving a lot of shit) and Lawton to get us the two points.

I wish them blinders and Luke a strong recovery.