What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs. Storm

WT will not get any favours from the refs until the coach blows a gasket and abuses them in the media,we all know our club cant afford the 10k so its not going to happen.
Bennett,Bellamy,Stuart,Hassler,Toovey have all abused and intimidate refs for their teams benefit,if what occurred yesterday with Rowdy to their team you wouldn't here the end of it from them....!

Tigerted

Juniors
It pisses me of that Taylor is copping so many unfavourable decisions on the chin .We were rorted big time y'day & to a lesser extent last week when 2nd ball was deliberately kicked by Sims in Rankin's direction.

In saying that a 600k 5/8 whose f**kwit manager is asking for 750-800k should've kicked that field goal blindfolded from in front of sticks.

Their's no way in the world our overpaid & under-delivering halves r doing enough or extra practice regarding all forms of kicking .They probably want another 600k each for the precious protected species to do extras @ training.Our all round kicking game is f**ked & if ur demanding big $ then the least a 6 or 7 can bring to the table is a damn half decent kicking game.As per the f**king norm we got no repeat sets y'day.

Tiger05

First Grade
It pisses me of that Taylor is copping so many unfavourable decisions on the chin .We were rorted big time y'day & to a lesser extent last week when 2nd ball was deliberately kicked by Sims in Rankin's direction.

In saying that a 600k 5/8 whose f**kwit manager is asking for 750-800k should've kicked that field goal blindfolded from in front of sticks.

Their's no way in the world our overpaid & under-delivering halves r doing enough or extra practice regarding all forms of kicking .They probably want another 600k each for the precious protected species to do extras @ training.Our all round kicking game is f**ked & if ur demanding big $ then the least a 6 or 7 can bring to the table is a damn half decent kicking game.As per the f**king norm we got no repeat sets y'day.

I'm not sure if Taylor having a sook is going to help but we've been rorted a couple of times. The problem is like you state we've got overpaid halves that are getting plenty of chances to win us games and they aren't.

Tigerted

Juniors
I don't want Taylor to necessarily get fined just to display some anger & emphasise to the powers @ be @ the inept NRL that it's not good enough that we could be subjected to numerous appalling decisions that affected the result.We were hammered big time by the pathetic cowardly officials(refs, touch judges , bunker) yday.The valuable 2 premiership pts should've been ours & the refs in NRL r a protected species with no accountability.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm sorry, but any team that is going to blame the ref for their losses are clearly saying "this is our peak, we can do no better"

Tigerm

First Grade
Did you watch the Ch9 coveage of the game, init at some stage Brad Fittler said Kronk went up to one of the new boy's laying on the ground with a cramp (I think it was) & told him to get his jersey back in the line as they were a chance of scoring, or words to that effect.

To me, that's why the Storm are so good, that's experience & the toughness we desperately need and haven't got.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm waiting for the Taylor blow up to come. Say whatever you want about Taylor but he is a fairly composed person. His criticism is always constructive, choosing his words so he doesn't end up in the media like Ricky Stuart always is.

But something has to give. Mark my words, within the next 10 weeks we are going to see a f**king explosion from him and likely he will have to cop the $10k fine. I can't wait.

On Moses/Brooks, I've said this many many times, we need to end the fairytale now. Moses and Brooks have enormous promise. When they reach their full potential they will probably command $800k each. But that is a long long time away and it is obvious that we cannot carry both of them. I know it would have been a nice fairytale with both of them tearing it up together but its not going to happen. We need an experienced half to accompany one of them, the other can find their feet elsewhere. It is going to be painful because wherever one of them go they will develop into a superstar. Put Brooks at Melbourne or the Dogs with a workhorse back rower next to him and he will be unstoppable.

Lets pretend that Brooks ends up leaving and we do indeed sign E. Taylor. We could go after an affordable and experienced half such as Blake Green, and let E. Taylor play 80 minutes next to Moses.
If Farah ends up leaving for ESL then we could sign a gun centre to play on the right side of Moses and move Naiqama to left wing. Suddenly we aren't a defensive laughing stock

Im playing Fantasy footbal with this now but either way, I think their is some shuffling that needs to happen here.

Tigerted

Juniors
Brooks will be wearing blue & white next yr.The disappointing thing is I have very good mail that WT r definitely looking @ signing Marshall for 1 yr.So we get rid of 1 major liability & replace him with another liability who is way past his use by date.Does this moronic club never learn.

We need a 7 with an excellent kicking game & one who hits & sticks in defence.

Tigerted

Juniors
Btw Adam Reynolds who I don't think is of contract & who has a great kicking game & is a fabulous defender is on less money than our massively under achieving 6 & 7.

FootynRacing

Juniors
I think the only reason Taylor isn't blowing up is because it will give the impression he is crumbling under the pressure and that he is looking to blame something other than his own ability. The media would be all over it

gordsy

Juniors
The difference between Reynolds and our halves is Reynolds deserves every cent he gets. Our halves don't deserve what they're on now.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Brooks will be wearing blue & white next yr.The disappointing thing is I have very good mail that WT r definitely looking @ signing Marshall for 1 yr.So we get rid of 1 major liability & replace him with another liability who is way past his use by date.Does this moronic club never learn.

We need a 7 with an excellent kicking game & one who hits & sticks in defence.

I heard we were chasing Blake Green?

If we are only offering 300k for Marshall then I'm in two minds

Pros:
- If you watch his St George games from last year (haven't seen his games this year) he was much more composed than his usual x-factor playing style.
- 1 year deal means he will not become complacent and low risk for us.
- If Farah stays for 2017 then we will have no money for a decent half. Benji for one year means we can wait until 2017 and sign a very good half to partner Moses

Cons:
- We really need a half that can hold their own defensively
- There will be drama

BrotherJim05

Bench
We could even go after someone like Peter Wallace. He is unwanted at Penrith so we could probably get Penrith to kick in some of his salary.

Is he a world beater? No. Can he hold his own in defence? Yes. Does he have experience? Yes.

Tigerted

Juniors
Wallace & Moses would complement each other.Wallace would be a good fit for WT.

Just about anyone but Marshall.I can see this club screwing up as per usual & bringing back Marshall to set us back even further next season.

macnaz

Staff member
One thing about Benji he has inproved a hell of a lot in his defence , his kicking game is pretty good usually and overall he is a much more composed player. Its very hard for him to set up much with average backs he has to play with at St George but i recon he would have a field day setting up the likes of Simona, Jac and Teddy. My only concern is he isnt a long term option and could possibly bring dramma .
End of the day he would be better than our current halves without a doubt so if it happened i wouldnt be to upset.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Its very disappointing to be talking about chasing halves looking at who we have let go in the last 2 years.

I still think Brooks will re sign with the Tigers, Both Brooks and Moses managers are just adding zeros at this point and the speculation works in both the players and Bulldogs favor who don't want their halves feeling too comfortable, this is why it doesn't get hosed down right away.

Brooks may very well become a decent defender and play State of Origin but at this point he is not worth the dollars he is asking and Bulldogs would be prioritizing players like Klemmer before spending overs in a position they already have covered.

Clifferd

Coach
I'm not going to put the boot through them yet, during their junior careers they played in very successful teams with massive forward packs that would roll over the opposition at will, in the NRL this isn't exactly happening though

Id just put an offer on the table indidicative of their performance (in this case I'd be offering Moses a bit more, shown way more glimpses of potential) and tell them love it or leave it

Tiger05

First Grade
One thing about Benji he has inproved a hell of a lot in his defence , his kicking game is pretty good usually and overall he is a much more composed player. Its very hard for him to set up much with average backs he has to play with at St George but i recon he would have a field day setting up the likes of Simona, Jac and Teddy. My only concern is he isnt a long term option and could possibly bring dramma .
End of the day he would be better than our current halves without a doubt so if it happened i wouldnt be to upset.

On the right money he could be a good option.

Latest posts