What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs. Storm

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm not going to put the boot through them yet, during their junior careers they played in very successful teams with massive forward packs that would roll over the opposition at will, in the NRL this isn't exactly happening though

Id just put an offer on the table indidicative of their performance (in this case I'd be offering Moses a bit more, shown way more glimpses of potential) and tell them love it or leave it

I think they can both still come good but they have to accept fair money. I can't see any club snapping them up now. We though will continue to overpay them because of the way their contracts are structured.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Penrith won't need Soward next year. He has a brilliant kicking game and is a decent defender.

He's the halfback we've always needed but never had over the past decade.

He wouldn't be expensive either. He just wants to play.

Great attitude.

Clifferd

Coach
Question is who would you get rid of to compensate for Soward, Moses or Brooks one of them won't be able to stay. I'd chuck my money on the Tigs keeping Moses

Tigerted

Juniors
It's a no brainer to get rid of the dumbest & most useless no. 7 in the NRL & persist with Moses as he has displayed an aptitude to guide the team around & guts in defence.He needs to keep working on all aspects of his game particularly kicking.

Soward would certainly be an apt mentor in contrast to the has - been Benji.Soward would earn his money & some if he could help Moses develop a top - drawer kicking game.This club has been starved of a decent kicking game from the day of its inception.

Tigerted

Juniors
Another thing I'm sick of excuses particularly pertaining to our forwards for inhibiting our 6 & 7 from performing to expectation.Our forwards have been very competitive this season.

The evidence is clear that if we had a savvy & experienced 6 or 7 we'd be on 8-10 premiership pts.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
disagree with you Ted. The forwards have not been competitive.

Only Grant, Sue and Woods are capable of getting quick play the balls. Actually Woods is often held up by gang tacklers who take forever to let go.

Guys like lawrence, Halatau and Ava are willing but they only need two blokes to bring them down. They get dominated in the ruck.

I guess the stats dont paint a clear picture either way but I am convinced Brooks and Moses would thrive behind a decent forward pack. Our pack is having a dig this year but they are just not good enough.
http://www.nrl.com/Stats/TelstraPremiership/ClubStatistics/tabid/10254/Default.aspx

Soward is scared of being tackled. You cant play a halfback who refuses to take the line on. Penrith's forward are awesome compared to ours

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
While Tigers forwards can hold their own they need to do much better than that , teams like Bulldogs, Cowboys who have massive packs consistently make 50m+ set with fast play the balls which brings on players from opposition teams jogging to get back into line while a JT or Morgan has all the freedom in the world to do whatever they want

Tigers would be lucky to make an average of 40m a set aswell as getting dominated in the ruck and players wrestled on their backs (not including Sue Woods, Grant)

Put Moses and Brooks behind a Cowboys pack and they'd really shine, we are just a couple of decent props short imo

Fully agree they should have closed out the last couple weeks though

Tigerted

Juniors
There's no doubt the real tests for our forwards r yet to come as we've had a reasonable draw thus far & I acknowledge we don't have a great pack.However they have shown improvement & r not blameworthy re our 5 losses.

The fact is our 6 & particularly the 7 have made fundamental blunders that have contributed to us losing a no. of the last 5 games.The blunders by these 2 particularly in the Cronulla game were very costly.They were woeful against parra & ordinary v the Knights.

It beggars belief that the dogs r offering brooks 750k.This impostor can't kick, pass, catch or tackle ! Our forwards not being world beaters isn't an excuse for the rubbish the 7 who is in 3rd yr of NRL to constantly dish out mediocre performances.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Obviously means nothing now but seeing shit like the dragons player get decked, play goes 30m up upfield and they stop it to go back and check, yet let the tedesco one go really shits me.

I swear stuff like that only happens to us.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yep, clear shoulder to the head. Instead of our penalty 10m out from storm line it's a storm try. Only time all year you'll see it let go.

Latest posts