What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco rumour

JDHD

Juniors
This has to be garbage. I believe that we would have had a crack at signing Tedesco because every club did, but I seriously doubt we'd be able to extricate him from the Tigers. I'd do terrible things to get Tedesco, I think he's the best fullback in the game but realistically, we won't be able to match the offers from the Roosters, Manly, or Bulldogs

possm

Coach
This has to be garbage. I believe that we would have had a crack at signing Tedesco because every club did, but I seriously doubt we'd be able to extricate him from the Tigers. I'd do terrible things to get Tedesco, I think he's the best fullback in the game but realistically, we won't be able to match the offers from the Roosters, Manly, or Bulldogs
We now have Johnstone chairing the Board and possibly Coyne ousting Doust. A quiet word to WIN TV and we might see some 3rd party sponsorship to fund Tedesco and Dugan.

BennyV

Referee
Balmain big 4
Barnes, Pearce, Elias, Farrah
3 of them won't cost 2 million and the Dogs don't need 2 hookers.
Brookes and Moses are pedestrian and no better than what the Dog's already have.
Looking at what Dogs have in the cupboard re backs they would be mad to let B Moz go for another year or so.
Dogs need to do something in the pigs well before their backs.
Graham is a ball hog like Gallen, Eastwood past it and Kasiano not as punishing as last year and Klemmer MIA.
The Dogs forwards aren't giving the backs too much to work with.
The dogs biggest issue is that they are stale - they've been basically running out the same team with the same style since 2012. Need a fairly big re-fresh, and it looks like they are starting with a coach.

The next issue is their choices replacing players. Trading Ennis for Lichaa was a ballsy move, and hasnt paid off. Putting their faith in Reynolds over Hodkinson would ridiculous, as Mbye (who is a very good 5/8) is not a controlling halfback and when that's paired with a young hooker low on confidence, it's a recipe for disaster. Targeting Hoppa as their fullback was a dumb move, as he showed nothing at Parra and to be perfectly honest, he was only ever a just-above-average winger on the end of a very good Manly backline.

They've invested big in the wrong players and not replaced their best performers when they've left. Guys like Rona and Pritchard can't just be replaced with anyone!

They need a reset as much as we did a few years ago. Difference is, their reset is needed purely on the field. Off the field, they are far stronger than most clubs.

Coffs dragon

Bench
If the Dragons sign Tedesco then I'll claim Mary to be the greatest coach in Dragons History.......in other words "it won't happen"

possm

Coach
If the Dragons sign Tedesco then I'll claim Mary to be the greatest coach in Dragons History.......in other words "it won't happen"
Mary has been banned from having anything to do with recruitment; he's just not smart enough to handle multiple projects. Thus the reason he trots out the same squad with the same game plan each week. Also the reason why McCrone makes and Aitken make the same mistakes for the same reasons each week.

The era of Mary is over and we will only really realize how bad Mary is once a good coach takes over.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Well according to the rumour and the initial persons source Tedesco was supposed to have announced a deal by yeaterday, still no news.

possm

Coach
Well according to the rumour and the initial persons source Tedesco was supposed to have announced a deal by yeaterday, still no news.
Yes and Dugan and Widdop were supposed to sign by last weekend. Now we know that these deadlines have been retracted and maybe the same with Tedesco.

From what I understand, Tedesco along with the other 3 players want to know who the coach will be; the Dog's coach not signed for 2018, the Dragon's coach not signed for 2018 and the Tiger's coach not signed for 2018.

Other interested Clubs, the Roosters and the Eels have a coach signed for 2018 however, Tedesco has not put pen to paper with them. So in my opinion, this points to Tedesco being interested in signing with either the Dogs, Dragons or Tigers.

JDHD

Juniors
We now have Johnstone chairing the Board and possibly Coyne ousting Doust. A quiet word to WIN TV and we might see some 3rd party sponsorship to fund Tedesco and Dugan.

That's true! I'd love to hope but I've become way too cynical to believe in the Dragons board doing the altruistic thing.

JDHD

Juniors
Lol if this is true then this team would become quite a force

If we had Ben Hunt now and if Dugan had a passing game beyond that of an under 8s prop, we'd be a top 4 team easily. But we don't and he doesn't so hopefully Dugan takes the centres job. I don't want him to leave, but we need a fullback who can provide options out the back and unsettle defensive lines. Dugan can run and bust tackles but he's not going to pass and everybody in the world knows it.

Having him as a 102kg centre running off Field, Hunt or Tedesco, however...*drools*

JDHD

Juniors
The dogs biggest issue is that they are stale - they've been basically running out the same team with the same style since 2012. Need a fairly big re-fresh, and it looks like they are starting with a coach.

The next issue is their choices replacing players. Trading Ennis for Lichaa was a ballsy move, and hasnt paid off. Putting their faith in Reynolds over Hodkinson would ridiculous, as Mbye (who is a very good 5/8) is not a controlling halfback and when that's paired with a young hooker low on confidence, it's a recipe for disaster. Targeting Hoppa as their fullback was a dumb move, as he showed nothing at Parra and to be perfectly honest, he was only ever a just-above-average winger on the end of a very good Manly backline.

They've invested big in the wrong players and not replaced their best performers when they've left. Guys like Rona and Pritchard can't just be replaced with anyone!

They need a reset as much as we did a few years ago. Difference is, their reset is needed purely on the field. Off the field, they are far stronger than most clubs.

Maybe we've done enough in four weeks to con people into thinking we've changed? Y'know, how your ex begs you to take them back and you're an idiot and believe them and take her back and she does all the same things that shit you to tears in the first place and your friends all hate her and you don't want to admit that I'm wrong and should never have taken her back, damn it all!

I mean...what?

possm

Coach
on the tigers forum they are saying he has signed with us anyone heard anything?
I believe the salary cap will be increased to around 7m in 2018. To have our 3 best players on 1m each would not be beyond the pale. Tedesco, Dugan and Hunt could be our big 3 and Widdop / Field and McInnes could make up our spine.

I do not know what the contract details are for the remaining 22 top tier players but I honestly believe that with some pruning of dead wood, the Club should still fit under the salary cap.

SEAT 1A

Bench
They are also looking at trying to off load the Morris boys... BOTH

Thanks for the info The Doc and Hoppa's price tag, that's turned out well :D .

Bring the Morris boy's back, what a back line that would be and it hasn't been all that bright for them in blue and white.

possm

Coach
Thanks for the info The Doc and Hoppa's price tag, that's turned out well :D .

Bring the Morris boy's back, what a back line that would be and it hasn't been all that bright for them in blue and white.
Love to see the Morris boys back in the red and white on a two year deal however, it depends on what salary they're asking and if we are the Club signing Hasler. I doubt they would return if Mary was our coach given the circumstances B Morris left the Club.

Just imagine a backline in 2018 of:
Tedesco
B Morris
Dugan
J Morris
Macdonald
Field
Hunt

mobels

Juniors
Love to see the Morris boys back in the red and white on a two year deal however, it depends on what salary they're asking and if we are the Club signing Hasler. I doubt they would return if Mary was our coach given the circumstances B Morris left the Club.

Just imagine a backline in 2018 of:
Tedesco
B Morris
Dugan
J Morris
Macdonald
Field
Hunt
Yeah that team would look great for my supercoach team next season.

There is absolutely 0 chance that we'd ever field a team like that - the Morris boys are never coming back and the Tedesco rumour is nothing but a silly rumour that hasn't been reported by any NRL journalists.

Capital

Juniors
Yes and Dugan and Widdop were supposed to sign by last weekend. Now we know that these deadlines have been retracted and maybe the same with Tedesco.

From what I understand, Tedesco along with the other 3 players want to know who the coach will be; the Dog's coach not signed for 2018, the Dragon's coach not signed for 2018 and the Tiger's coach not signed for 2018.

Other interested Clubs, the Roosters and the Eels have a coach signed for 2018 however, Tedesco has not put pen to paper with them. So in my opinion, this points to Tedesco being interested in signing with either the Dogs, Dragons or Tigers.
Widdop hasn't gotten an offer but you are right about Dugan. He is playing so well at present. Imagine him playing behind this forward pack and Ben Hunt? He may be even better than Tedesco. Doubtful, at least at fullback. Tedesco behind Ben Hunt and this forward pack has the possibility to dominate the competition not seen since Melbourne were cheating.

Of course there are still a few problem positions that have to be sorted out.

possm

Coach
The Dragons have Dugan, they just need to agree on a price. The Dragons have Hunt and McInnes so the main position left to sort out in their spine is five-eighth. If it is not to be Widdop, Mary should be at least testing what he has in-house and Millward should be using his white board eraser to make room for an external purchase in the case that Field / Dufty / Mann / Hutch don't fit the bill for 2018.