Telstra $29.00 Sports Package

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by kit66, Feb 11, 2018.

1. kit66

kit66 Juniors

For anyone who, like me, is not very tech savvy, I hope this helps to get you watching the footy. I think you have to have a Telstra Account - not sure, I've got one for my internet so I didn't ask.

After discovering that NRL.Com Live Pass App is only available for Ios and Android from this year ( I have Microsoft ) I decided to check prices to watch the footy via Fox. I just spent an hour or so on the phone checking prices and ended up getting a package from Telstra at $29.00 a month. It's usually $55.00 because you have to get some other crap channels as well but at the moment for the first 12 months they'll waive the $26.00 for the crap channels - but it's a 1 year contract so that's OK. I couldn't get Sports only through Fox, you have to add and pay for the crap channels.
    If your house has Fox connection already you only pay $25.00 delivery for the IQ Box thingy or $100.00 if installation is required.

Last year I watched the footy on that NRL Pass for $7.50 a month with a tiny screen on my laptop, this year I'll pay more but can watch the NRL on my big screen TV. There's also a free app you can download to watch on your other devices. Sorted.

Old Kogarah Boy 1 likes this.
  2. RedV Resurgence

RedV Resurgence Juniors

Don't forget if you want HD that's an extra $10 per month.

3. kit66

kit66 Juniors

Thanks. Of course they didn't mention that. It's better than what I had last year though and I can still avoid signing up to the Fox.

4. inside_pass

inside_pass Juniors

I was paying about $180 per month for Foxtel with 3 set top boxes and all channels but decided to cancel it as no one was really watching it.I spoke to foxtel and they made me a deal that if I stayed they would do it for $59 per month less movie channels which we didn't really use anyway?
    All good.

5. Red V for life

Red V for life Juniors

Getting the sports package put back on this week in preparation for the footy season.

After quality off season time with the wife, I find myself watching Mary Berry, UK Masterchef and Hell’s Kitchen and...liking it! Although I still can’t come at Project Runway so there’s some hope.

Can’t wait for the footy season proper to start.