What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telstra $29.00 Sports Package

kit66

Bench
For anyone who, like me, is not very tech savvy, I hope this helps to get you watching the footy. I think you have to have a Telstra Account - not sure, I've got one for my internet so I didn't ask.

After discovering that NRL.Com Live Pass App is only available for Ios and Android from this year ( I have Microsoft ) I decided to check prices to watch the footy via Fox. I just spent an hour or so on the phone checking prices and ended up getting a package from Telstra at $29.00 a month. It's usually $55.00 because you have to get some other crap channels as well but at the moment for the first 12 months they'll waive the $26.00 for the crap channels - but it's a 1 year contract so that's OK. I couldn't get Sports only through Fox, you have to add and pay for the crap channels.
If your house has Fox connection already you only pay $25.00 delivery for the IQ Box thingy or $100.00 if installation is required.

Last year I watched the footy on that NRL Pass for $7.50 a month with a tiny screen on my laptop, this year I'll pay more but can watch the NRL on my big screen TV. There's also a free app you can download to watch on your other devices. Sorted.

inside_pass

Bench
I was paying about $180 per month for Foxtel with 3 set top boxes and all channels but decided to cancel it as no one was really watching it.I spoke to foxtel and they made me a deal that if I stayed they would do it for $59 per month less movie channels which we didn't really use anyway?
All good.

Red V for life

Juniors
Getting the sports package put back on this week in preparation for the footy season.

After quality off season time with the wife, I find myself watching Mary Berry, UK Masterchef and Hell’s Kitchen and...liking it! Although I still can’t come at Project Runway so there’s some hope.

Can’t wait for the footy season proper to start.