What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Tommy Smith

Referee
I'll cop that. I doubted a champion. I shouldn't have.

Well done Fed. You're brilliant. A slam final win against his biggest rival 5 years younger than him...after 6 months out with injury. That will do me.
Haha I doubted him more than anyone mate. I was just so nervous and I'm one of those pessimistic types in the heat of the moment when my team or player is in a big match.

He surprised even me with that amazing comeback.

He showed Nadal like nerve there at the end.

That's his greatest Slam title hands down.

Apey

Staff member
That service game where Nadal was down 0 - 40, clawed back to deuce and lost anyway pissed me off something fierce lol.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Haha I doubted him more than anyone mate. I was just so nervous and I'm one of those pessimistic types in the heat of the moment when my team or player is in a big match.

He surprised even me with that amazing comeback.

He showed Nadal like nerve there at the end.

That's his greatest Slam title hands down.
I doubt Souths more than anything in the heat of the moment!!!!!!

Apey

Staff member
Aus Open is the only one he hasnt won twice. 2nd time I've watched him lose it... I don't think he'll get it, this one was his best chance.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You're English aren't you Tommy????

I can't stand Murray!!!! At times I find him to be a bad sport.

You??????

By the way I'm half English.

Tommy Smith

Referee
You're English aren't you Tommy????

I can't stand Murray!!!! At times I find him to be a bad sport.

You??????

By the way I'm half English.
Haha yeah even as an Englishman I'm impartial on Murray.

I don't dislike him as he seems nice enough in interviews.

But on court he can be a sook. I don't like it when players feign injury when they're losing and he does that a lot.

So I'm not a fan but I don't actively dislike him. Obviously FedEx is number one and my favourite sportsman of all time.

And Nadal would be my number two in tennis. I know they're big rivals but I have so much respect for him. He fights like a lion and just like Federer he's a genuinely humble and nice guy.

So I'd back him over Murray too any day!

Rabbits20

Immortal

But on court he can be a sook. I don't like it when players feign injury when they're losing and he does that a lot.

So I'm not a fan but I don't actively dislike him. Obviously FedEx is number one and my favourite sportsman of all time.

And Nadal would be my number two in tennis. I know they're big rivals but I have so much respect for him. He fights like a lion and just like Federer he's a genuinely humble and nice guy.

Nadal is my number 2 as well.

It's just a fairytale what has happened tonight!!!!!!

It was a great moment of sportsmanship when Federer said he wished it was a draw!!!!!!!!!

LatK7

First Grade
I still don't believe it. He broke back in the fifth against Nadal after all those devastating losses. Unbelievable.

Apey

Staff member
Yep I'm already over it just because I like Fed so much too haha. If that was against Murray I'd never watch a tennis match again.

It is just the ultimate fairytale victory when you think about it. Winning your 18th title overall at 35 years old, 5th title at your 3rd slam, after being out of the game for 6 months and against the dude who was responsible for the end of your dominance.

If that's the last time they meet in a final then it's almost perfect closure to what started with 2008 Wimbledon.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Yeah Nadal is my number 2 as well.

What a fairytale this is.

It was great sportsmanship and a great moment when Fed said he wished it could've been a draw!!!!!!!!

On another note the new rankings will be out soon which will be interesting.

Apey

Staff member
I still don't believe it. He broke back in the fifth against Nadal after all those devastating losses. Unbelievable.

Djokovic did the same in 2012 lol. I've watched him lose 3 Aus Open finals now actually not 2.... f**k.

Rabbits20

Immortal
He was down 3-1.

How many times has Rafa been up like that in the 5th of a final at a grand slam and lose the next 5 games???? Very rare I would say!!!!!!!

Federer rose to new heights tonight. Just masterful shotmaking.

Latest posts