What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Bazal

Post Whore
Shame about Novak. Was starting to look like he was getting his form back.

Murray being out more than makes up for it, though

Tommy Smith

Referee
The GoaT does it again.

He's never played as well as he did in that final. His returning of Cilic's serve was unreal.

Not a single set dropped all tourney because that's how the GoaT rolls.

Danish

Referee
Federer is simply unmatched. The greatest tennis player of all time and must be in contention for greatest sports person in history full stop. To win so many slams in an era which has included 2 other supreme champions in Nadal and Novak is just ridiculous.

Will be interesting to see what Cilic's injury turns out to be. Looked like maybe he entered the match with some bad blistering on the ball of his foot or maybe even a stress fracture perhaps given the amount of padding taped to his foot when he got assessed.

No doubt there will be at least 3 articles comparing his attitude to play on to Tomic and Kyrgios in the next 24 hours.

LatK7

First Grade
A multi slam season and he's almost 36. Outrageous.

An incredible display, not dropping a set all tournament. Absurd when that included 3 huge servers in Raonic, Berdych and Cilic.

Credit to Cilic who had a great tournament. He just had no answer for Fed's variety and sublime return game...I can't believe Fed returned as well as he did. Just crazy.

20 slams is definitely possible at the USO this year.

icewind

Juniors
The best part was when he said he was looking forward to coming back to defend his title next year. He looked so emotional after the match I was starting to fear he might say the r word.

icewind

Juniors
as an aside, massive kudos to Cilic for getting through that match. He may have let his emotions overwhelm him but man, give me that any day over the two jokers over here that shall remain unnamed.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Agreed Danish - I now consider Federer to be the greatest sportsman of all time.

When you factor in all the components - outrageous skill, longevity, titles, quality of opposition, charisma and class - I believe he can be considered the greatest sportsman of all time.

He's almost an ethereal being. And because of his grace and personality coupled with his extraordinary gifts and achievements, Federer transcends sport.

The man has brought more joy to fans world over than anyone since Ali. And his retirement will be devastating and will leave a void in the sporting world. All these aspects make him the GoaT imo.

LatK7

First Grade
Agreed Danish - I now consider Federer to be the greatest sportsman of all time.

When you factor in all the components - outrageous skill, longevity, titles, quality of opposition, charisma and class - I believe he can be considered the greatest sportsman of all time.

He's almost an ethereal being. And because of his grace and personality coupled with his extraordinary gifts and achievements, Federer transcends sport.

The man has brought more joy to fans world over than anyone since Ali. And his retirement will be devastating and will leave a void in the sporting world. All these aspects make him the GoaT imo.

Well put. Completely agree.

Valheru

Coach
Nick kyrgios is through to his first masters 1000 final at cincinatti. On the way he has beaten goffin, karlovic, nadal and ferrer.

He plays dimitrov tomorrow morning.

The US open will be interesting. Nick is a top 5 hard court player if he keeps his form, fitness and head.

Valheru

Coach
Nick fell short losing in the final to Dimitrov 6-3 7-5.

Still a decent effort though. Anything less than a round of 16 appearance in the US Open will be disappointing.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Nick fell short losing in the final to Dimitrov 6-3 7-5.

Still a decent effort though. Anything less than a round of 16 appearance in the US Open will be disappointing.

All depends how his body holds up, i would of rather him take the rest of the season off after wimbledon.

Valheru

Coach
All depends how his body holds up, i would of rather him take the rest of the season off after wimbledon.

He only looked 3 quarters fit at Cincinnati TBH.

He will obviously give the US Open a crack now and I also think he will play the Davis Cup Semi.

Depending on the Davis Cup result, I can see him taking the last 2 months of the season off to be fully fit for the Australian summer. Given this result, his ranking shouldn't suffer too much.

Apey

Staff member
And he knocks out Federer. Nadal vs Del Potro, can't see the other semi making a difference.

Latest posts