What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Wizardman

First Grade
Tomic reminds me of the a league coach who coached Brisbane roar and Gold Coast who said that his teams may win or lose but he still drove a merc
I remember the asshat you're talking about. The word is that Tomic will be joining that "Im a Celebrity, get me out of here" show in South Africa. If he joins that while there are a few hardcourt tournaments to go before the clay season, I think he'll throw in the towel on his career.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
26231575_1792500364115366_6068959074522768495_n.jpg

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm surprised no one has yet posted about the great efforts from Ebden who beat seed 16 Isner and Millman beating world number 48 Coric.

Ebden this time last year was ranked 700th in the world after injury and is now back in the 70-80 mark and it was his first win against a top 20 player in his career....

Millman won in straight sets too which was great.....

So Kyrgios will play Troicki next round..... he should win that....

It's looking like a third round match against Tsonga and whoever wins that Dimitrov will be waiting..... so he's got a tough draw does Kyrgios....

Well done to Gavrilova as well......

Stosur well she needs to retire....

Valheru

Coach
I hope Alex wins but it will have to be in straight sets as I can't see him maintaining a high level of play beyond that. I actually think he will win the first set as he is full of confidence and seems to come out of the gates very well. I think from there though Berdych will work him out and wear him down resulting in a fairly comfortable 4 set win.

Valheru

Coach
Alex just needs to get on that tour now and improve his stamina, work on his game and increase that ranking.

Good to see Barty get through. Is it me or is women's tennis becoming unbearable with the ridiculous grunting? Something has to be done.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Great effort by Alex to pinch that second set.....

Seems he was in some pain with a stomach issue too.....

Yeah very professional performance from Barty and she will face a similar opponent tomorrow.....

Just watching this 15yr old Ukrainian girl currently who is so strong for her age...

Valheru

Coach
Tsonga is in a bit of early trouble against Shapovalov.

Winner will play winner of Kyrgios/Troicki

horrie hastings

First Grade
Puig is in dreadful form

Puig was in dreadful form but still beat Stosur, Stosur was almost untouchable for the first set and the was more dominant than the 6-4 score line suggested, she was straight out of the blocks in the 2nd set then about half way through it mistakes started creeping into her game and she started to unravel, still though she was good enough to get a match point but couldn't take it so the expected Sam Stosur 3rd set train crash happened yet again, even in the 3rd set her game on serve to go up 2-1 was one of the most powerful service games I have ever seen from her but it all led to nothing in the end . This match I saw some of the best from Stosur but some of the worst too, it was frustrating to watch.

isaiah

Bench
Great effort by Alex to pinch that second set.....

Seems he was in some pain with a stomach issue too.....

Yeah very professional performance from Barty and she will face a similar opponent tomorrow.....

Just watching this 15yr old Ukrainian girl currently who is so strong for her age...
you would think that the 15yo and the girl barty beat will both be top 5 in 18 months

Rabbits20

Immortal
What disruptions so far for Kyrgios....

- That loony making animal type noises and videoing his player box
- Th crowd making noise in points
- Helicopter hanging around
- Microphone giving weird loud noises.....

Yet he's handled it pretty well overall....