What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Danish

Referee
Tremendous match going on right now between Feds and Del Potro in the Indian Wells final.

The 2nd set tie breaker was absolutely nuts. The yank fans are complete douches and are openly cheering faults by Del Potro and calling out during his toss etc, which is driving him crazy.

Feds looks on top in the 3rd set, despite it being in serve. But Del Potro really is federer’s kryptonite the last few years, so could still go either way.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Great win for Delpo. And great for the tour to have such a gun in peak form again after his injuries.

I can't believe Fed blew 3 match points on serve. And once he did that he collapsed in the TB.

A disappointing loss from that perspective but a loss here won't hurt him going forward.

A good chance to recharge the batteries. Wimbledon is the big target as I expect him to pass on clay once more.

Danish

Referee
Yeah he really came apart after dropping those match points. He served an ace to get to 40-15, then did not land another first serve for the rest of the match, and also hit I believe 3 double faults (including 1 to lose the match).

Del Potro is seriously great. Kyrgios should be watching hours of footage of his game and modeling himself on him. Delpo has all the crazy power and arrogance in his shots as Nick, but with the decision making and mental toughness of a champion. If he stays healthy he'll make a big run at wimbledon for sure.

Danish

Referee
Did you see her interview the other day at Indian Wells?

Hadn't seen this, thanks for posting.

She really is an arrogant POS. I wonder if she genuinely believes herself when going on about never wanting to take away from an opponent that beats her by sooking? She legit does that after every loss.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Delpo can play well on clay too.

If Rafa is under cooked then the Tower of Tandil might be his biggest threat at Roland Garros.

Danish

Referee
Delpo can play well on clay too.

If Rafa is under cooked then the Tower of Tandil might be his biggest threat at Roland Garros.

I still think Rafa could win the french even if he had his legs removed and had to push himself around in a little cart, but yep Delpo will certainly be a great chance there also.

Its just good to see another world class player in form, really

Valheru

Coach
Kokkinakis just beat Federer at Miami.

Awesome effort and hopefully his career pushes on from here.

___

Juniors
Channel 9 has secured the rights to the AO for 5 years from 2020, meaning next year is the last year channel 7 has it.

Apey

Staff member
Djokovic out of the French Open QF. Should be Nadals but interesting to see how the other matches play out. Thinking Nadal vs Thiem in the final. upload_2018-6-6_14-40-29.png

Apey

Staff member
Well, he won again... 96 - 0 on clay after winning the 1st set in best of 5 matches.

Thiem looks like he's definitely going to take the clay throne once Nadal retires though, or maybe even before.

Valheru

Coach
Sensational start to Wimbledon by the Aussie players.

On the women's side, both Barty and Gavrilova through to the 3rd round. Gavrilova has escaped facing a seed in the 3rd round but Barty has the easier draw post 3rd round and could cause some damage.

On the men's side, We have Kyrgios, Ebden and De Minaur all through to the 3rd round. De Minaur faces Rafa but 3rd round is a good achievement at this stage of his a career. Ebden plays Simon who likely beats him but you never know.

Kyrgios is the one with a real chance to do some damage in this tournament. He plays Nishikori next and if he wins he may get some luck and avoid Zverev in the 4th round who is currently down 2 sets to 1 in a suspended match. From there he would likely have to play Djokovic, Nadal and Federer in the quarters, semis and final respectively so if he does go deep he will have earned it.

All 5 players mentioned will be playing Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Apey

Staff member
Aaaaand they're gone.

I think it will be a Fed v Djoko final since Nadal sucks at Wimbledon these days.

Valheru

Coach
Yes very disappointing that all 5 lost on the same day.

Of course Kyrgios cops the most flack for having the audacity to lose to a seeded player (whom he is yet to beat in his career) complete with his 'commitment to tennis' being questioned.

TBH both Barty and Gavrilova were as disappointing, if not more, in their matches.

I can't see Federer not winning this.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Aaaaand they're gone.

I think it will be a Fed v Djoko final since Nadal sucks at Wimbledon these days.

The courts this year will help Nadal, they seem a lot slower than last year. Get to the 2nd week, Nadal is a huge chance, he's always vulnerable early on.

Danish

Referee
So federer has somehow been relegated to court 1 for his quarter final??? What a disgrace.

Combine this with their pigheadedness around the World Cup and these idiots running the all England club are kidding themselves

Apey

Staff member
Fed in trouble here. I expect him to shit the 5th set in though.

Latest posts