What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Test match live this Saturday night on Ch9

Perth Red

Post Whore
FOUR NATIONS RUGBY LEAGUE 2011: ENGLAND V AUSTRALIA

Saturday 5th November at 11.30 pm
Channel: Nine
Wide World Of Sports presents England v Australia live from Wembley Stadium, London. We face off the old enemy in what is sure to be a great match up. Join your commentary team for all the action.

RedVee

First Grade
11:30? thats a decent time, did you get the Wales game at 9pm? I'm guessing not.

Nuke

Staff member
Foxtel is the same all over the country. Yes indeed, we did get the Wales vs NZ game live at 9pm!

There was a 30min window between Foxtel's coverage finishing and the Ch9 Australia vs England telecast starting ... which was good for me as it allowed me a chance to get home after watching the Foxtel game at Mum & Dad's place!

Nuke

Staff member
As it currently stands, Perth has had four Rugby League games in a row LIVE on Ch9. NRL Grand Final, Australia-NZ (from Newcastle), Australia-NZ (Four Nations), and Australia-England (Four Nations). I'd anticipate this weekend's game vs Wales and the Four Nations Final to be live as well.

Admittedly, the Four Nations games can be live on Ch9 Perth because they're in the middle of the night so won't disturb their precious programming of Antique Roadshow, ect, but hey, live games are live games! I was genuinely surprised they showed the Australia vs New Zealand game from Newcastle live though. It was awesome! Plus hearing a few non-Rugby/League people talking about that game later that day at the shops as well as the next day at work was incredible. Of course it did confuse some ignorant West Aussies who thought it was the union game, but you get that..!