What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Test squad for India?

Tommy Smith

Referee
England have won a Test Series in India in the past decade and won an away Ashes series in the past decade,two things that our overrated donkey cricketers haven't done.

Game Set Match England
This man knows what he's talking about. You'd make a fine Englishman.

Haynetrain >>> Prince Harry

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Terrible angle but big puff of dust where it pitched, Davey didn't read that one out of the hand

He must be a big turner this kid as his highlights reel is mainly from the BBL and all his wickets are from straight breaks so everyone is playing for the spin. He must be able to disguise them pretty well

Meth

Staff member
Yeah, online chatter is that this is a good sign for Australia. Seems to ignore the fact that one of the premier batsmen of Australia offered no shot to let it through.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont see him getting a run early as Goat and SOK seem to be rated our 1 and 2.

Could be a bit early in his career, even if he is only half as good as Warnie it means little as Warnie didn't exactly set the world on fire in India.

2 weeks

Coach
I predict we'll go better over there than we did last time

Hopefully Kholi has all his runs out of his system by the time we get there

Meth

Staff member
I predict we'll go better over there than we did last time

Hopefully Kholi has all his runs out of his system by the time we get there

He is on his way to another double century at the moment

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah, online chatter is that this is a good sign for Australia. Seems to ignore the fact that one of the premier batsmen of Australia offered no shot to let it through.
Warner played it terribly, his front foot went straight down the pitch instead of out at the ball. Yeah it did a bit but don't expect Kholi and co to do that.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The media are fawning pretty hard over Kohli atm.

Calling him the best batsman in the world. Well ummm let's see... let's compare Virat Kohli and Steve Smith...

One guy averages 52 overall and 44 away. The other averages 60 overall and 53 away.

Now which would you say is better?

Kohli is a phenomenal talent but Smith's numbers blow him out of the water at the moment.

Kohli has had a remarkable 12 months but before that he was actually pretty inconsistent and averaged early to mid 40s.

Gavaskar coming out and saying that he'll probably end up with all the batting records... well let's see again...

Bradman's average of 99? Hmmm probs not. Tendulkar's 49 tons and 16'000 test runs? More chance of Matty Wade catching Boucher's record for most test dismissals.

Brian Lara's 501* and 400*. No one will ever beat the 501 unless an Indian 1st class game gets rigged, which admittedly is quite likely.

I give him an outside chance at the 400 with the pitches being prepared over in India right now.

I hope Hazlewood and Starc tear him to shreds. Though that might make India even less likely to ever tour anywhere ever again.