What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"That song" thread

BDR

First Grade
This is a thread where you post songs that are at the top of your iTunes (or other music related program) most played list, the song that you can't get out of your head recently, the song that you love for whatever reason or your all-time go to favourites.

I'll start with a couple:

Midlake - Roscoe

[youtube]QGCrED-2v7o[/youtube]

I literally don't like a single other song from these guys, but this one is fantastic IMO. Reminds me a lot of Fleetwood Mac. Will regularly get bulk repeats on zee iPod.

Holy Sons - Cruel and Unusual

[youtube]8FqsmZLpVwA[/youtube]

These guys, and their sister band Om make really under-appreciated music. Much of it is gloomy and psychedelic in tone and the lyrics are usually related to esoteric religious imagery and spirituality. My band of choice for indulging in certain things that should not be openly discussed on a family friendly forum.

Pixies - Gouge Away

[youtube]QMHykYTomdo[/youtube]

Could probably put whole Pixies albums in here (Doolittle and Surfer Rosa) but decided on this song. Just a badass song from possibly my favourite album of all time.

Daft Punk - Digital Love

[youtube]mjli3hj0ZkM[/youtube]

One of those songs that is eternally linked to a great period of my life. Fun song from an amazing album.

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

[youtube]nlVQcBxiNRY[/youtube]

This is the best song ever written in my opinion. Perfectly simple, beautiful from start to finish. I have probably listened to this song thousands of times since I was a kid, and I'm sure I will listen to it thousands of times more before I die.

==========

Could probably go on and on but I'll leave it there, might add some more later down the line. So then FFB, post dem songs.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Over the last six months, it's 'Some Nights' by Fun. I got the album on release day, so liked it before you all thought it was cool.

Over the last month, it'd be 'Mirrors' by J Tizzle.

gUt

Coach
I thought I was the only Midlake fan on the planet.

Right now Josh Pyke is my man.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
atm I am playing this song every day, just cant stop

its actually a lullaby written by Manard cuz one of his kids were scared of the dark and wouldn't get back to sleep, dont know if this song would help him sleep but its a mad song

[youtube]lrEP3RPgEao[/youtube]

BDR

First Grade
[youtube]kO4BF67pvsc[/youtube]

From the first real band I ever fell in love with. Could put dozens of songs from them but I think this is kinda sweet with all the behind the scenes footage and whatnot.

[youtube]4ZTSriPZCQo[/youtube]

Just an awesome song from an underrated band.

[youtube]QlwMsIvS0a0[/youtube]

Although Interpol are kinda shit these days this song (and album) proves that they were once pretty badass.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Top three most played songs for me:

(1) Anathema - "Internal Landscapes"

(2) Ne Obliviscaris - "As Icicles Fall"

(3) Katatonia - "The One You Are Looking For Is Not Here"

Parra Pride

Coach
[youtube]nIrYjzHAEp0[/youtube]

[youtube]onVjiCfi0wQ[/youtube]

[youtube]zfVE994nSrE[/youtube]

[youtube]gyJCjbXzcKc[/youtube]

[youtube]fZu7sXzNHLw[/youtube]

HowHigh

Coach
Bit of reggae to kick back and relax on a Saturday arvo
[youtube]-av7F1JBmj4[/youtube]

And another few favourites..

Mobb Deep - Survival of the Fittest
[youtube]JxDdN-puo3g[/youtube]

Jodeci - Get On Up
[youtube]Sy6gPBix32k[/youtube]

Wu Tang Clan - Triumph
[youtube]xj8vPw3UbNw[/youtube]

Big Pun - It's So hard
[youtube]eVOPotWx15g[/youtube]

Last edited:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Burn Your Name - Powderfinger.

When The Night Falls Quiet - Birds of Tokyo

gUt

Coach
The later Powderfinger stuff passed me by at first, then I accidentally listened to the Dream Days album one night and realised how good it is.

afinalsin666

First Grade
[youtube]sS6BmrA6dSY[/youtube]

Favorite song right now, changes every week.

[youtube]LDnzT-8JOZg[/youtube]

Top of iTunes.

[youtube]Wp_Now6WDRc[/youtube]

First Coheed song I listened to.

Can kind of tell i like Coheed and Cambria. Got a hand size logo of theirs tattooed on my leg.

Latest posts