What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 700 Level - Home of the Ginger Jesus.

Haffa

Much the same as the other team specific threads I thought it was time to create a space for Eagles News, tweets, extremely innacurate hot takes etc.

I expect it will be a little more interactive than the D*llas one but if not whatever.

fxxk7Bxl.jpg

Haffa

Cannot wait for Monday. I'm as pessimistic as usual. I went into last week saying if we get a win that's beyond expectations for me this season, especially after the injuries.

In saying that the way that D always finds a way to pull it out especially at home I wouldn't be surprised if they shocked the world again.

Dog masks everywhere, cannot wait.

Valheru

Coach
I don't expect us to win. You just get the feeling that wentz will be the man to finally lead us to the promise land, not foles.

Having said that the team certainly believes in themselves and if they thought they were disrespected last week, it is nothing compared to the commentary so far this week.

I do think Minnesota is the better match up for us. As seen last week they have some dynamic offensive plays but can't maintain it for 4 quarters thus they will try and win defensively and a defensive battle suits us. I just can't see us (foles) winning the type of game brees would have likely forced us to play.

If we do pull it off, we need to pray that jags win the earlier game, foles just isn't beating brady.

Haffa

Agreed. I don’t expect to win either but the closer the game gets the more confident I am that we will be in it to the end. I don’t think the Vikings D will be as unstoppable as they are at home. So if Doug can get Foles playing like he did in that second half I don’t see any reason why we can’t put up points.

Haffa

This will be the best defence the Vikings have faced since the Steelers early in the season so Keenum will be tested.

Haffa

Some good breakdowns from Baldy in what was one big highlight reel. This one though. Come at us Pats D

Haffa

Nelly was always going to be my smokey for SB MVP and the comment from Rowe confirmed my bet.

nick87

Coach
If any of y'all want to get on my boy Chris Long for MVP on 365, you can thank me now
i emailed them to get odds, gave me 300-1.

If we can win a defensive struggle and he can get us 2-3 sacks and a forced fumble.... he always seems to make plays when we need it most.

nick87

Coach
Starting to get super nervous about the game... can we really do it? I'm really not wanting to let myself believe. Sport has given me nothing but heartbreak (except meeting my wife) and i expect this to be nothing different... I'd be irrationally confident if we had Wentz, JP, Hicks and Sproles...

Foles v Brady? Ugh...

Can... can we really do this?

Haffa

I'm all in. I don't know why but this team is special. I was admittedly nervous for the Atlanta game, especially after a bye week and 2 poor games to end the season. But after that, a funny thing happened. I stopped being nervous. I was completely confident for the Vikings. Which is a weird feeling because it’s never happened in the playoffs, only in regular season non-division games. I’m not nervous now. Excited maybe, but not nervous. I am completely confident that the best outcome will occur. This doesn't feel like 2004.

Win or lose everyone who has put in work with this team is a winner no matter the outcome. I have never witnessed or been part of a season this special. What this team has displayed and overcome throughout the year is truly amazing. Best football season of my life.

Go Birds!

Haffa

If any of y'all want to get on my boy Chris Long for MVP on 365, you can thank me now
i emailed them to get odds, gave me 300-1.

If we can win a defensive struggle and he can get us 2-3 sacks and a forced fumble.... he always seems to make plays when we need it most.

LJ has already won the MVP.
DUxAPodVoAAsWZA.jpg

DUwuhNPW4AAMQ2J.jpg

Valheru

Coach
We can definitely win this. We are objectively a better team than them and the only reason it is in doubt is because of the injuries.

No one wants to believe that Foles can beat Brady but he doesn't have to, he just needs to keep doing what he has been doing and the other weapons will make the big plays. The Pats defence has been good this year but far from shutout quality, they generally allow the ball to move but make key stops in the redzone so the opportunities will be there.

With the injuries we have, this comes down to the coaches IMO. Belichick will do what he normally does and come with a game plan to neutralise our best weapons on both sides of the ball and make other guys make the big plays and he will also rely on his team making fewer mistakes (false starts, delay of games etc.) than ours. Doug has been brilliant at changing the game plan when needed to get his guys going and provide them an atmosphere to succeed this year and if he does that again, we are every chance.

nick87

Coach
Yeah that’s what hurts
Put JP, Sproles, Hicks, Braman and Wentz in this game and I honestly think we win easily
We are the better team in every place but qb
It just so happens qb is the most important spot

Haffa

Don’t worry about any of that. Doug Pederson is still our Coach. The RPOs are Ernie Adams crypotonite.

A little Brett Favre night before pep talk and Big Balls Doug is going to carry us home.