What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 700 Level - Home of the Ginger Jesus.

Haffa

I would love for it to be the Giants but I expect it to be Vikes or Panthers.

nick87

Coach
So question Philly fans
We have a franchise QB coming off an ACL, and a SB MVP back up... there is ZERO doubt that this team is Wentz's as soon as he's healthy...

So what do we do with Foles? Obviously i think we have to keep him until we know Wentz is 100000% healthy, his play gives us the freedom to take our time with Wentz, if that teams PUP and Wentz doesnt get back until mid 2018, so be it.

But at some point we have to decide to do something with Foles. Ideally id love Foles to come out at some point and say he's got no interest in going anywhere, and is happy to be the Dougie P to Wentz' Farve for the rest of his career. I never want to see him leave. I want him our backup for life.

but you cant blame him if he's privately ready to go somewhere to start and get paid. And given what he just did for us, if that's what he wants, i think the organisation owes it to give him that chance.

If we got offered a 1st or 2nd you'd have to do it. The Alex Smith deal would be interesting (3rd and a player), anything less and i think we should hang on to him

Valheru

Coach
So question Philly fans
We have a franchise QB coming off an ACL, and a SB MVP back up... there is ZERO doubt that this team is Wentz's as soon as he's healthy...

So what do we do with Foles? Obviously i think we have to keep him until we know Wentz is 100000% healthy, his play gives us the freedom to take our time with Wentz, if that teams PUP and Wentz doesnt get back until mid 2018, so be it.

But at some point we have to decide to do something with Foles. Ideally id love Foles to come out at some point and say he's got no interest in going anywhere, and is happy to be the Dougie P to Wentz' Farve for the rest of his career. I never want to see him leave. I want him our backup for life.

but you cant blame him if he's privately ready to go somewhere to start and get paid. And given what he just did for us, if that's what he wants, i think the organisation owes it to give him that chance.

If we got offered a 1st or 2nd you'd have to do it. The Alex Smith deal would be interesting (3rd and a player), anything less and i think we should hang on to him

I think we are in a good position either way with this.

Personally I keep him for the time being as Wentz is no guarantee to start next season, he could even miss the first half of the season although the organisation seems confident that won't be the case.

However, if there is someone out there desperate enough to give a 1st rounder you take it. We are set up to succeed for years to come and 2 1st round picks the year after winning the SB will only help the cause.

As far as teams who may give up a first rounder you would have to look at the Jags who may be willing to give away what will be a low 1st rounder for someone who may make them AFC favourites along with the Pats. Denver is also intriguing although I think their pick is too high of a cost but you never know...

Haffa

His cap hit next year may be too much to allow him to sit on the bench for another season.

But they really should allow him to pick a team now if they want to trade him. He didn’t deserve that Rams trade.

Realistically I’d trade him if they can get a day two pick for him, and it's a good fit for him anything more than that would just be gravy.

On that note, imagine it’s a second-round pick they get for him. That would mean that the Eagles, by trading Bradford and Foles, would have almost completely recouped what they gave up to move up and get Wentz. How insane would that be??

Shorty

Staff member
So question Philly fans

I'm not a fan of the Eagles (by farrrrr) but my cents, I think he stays.

There are too many good options in the draft and with Cousins on the open market, and I think Philly will make the price difficult.
Also, Foles is deeply religious (that's why him and Wentz are so close), he has said he thought about becoming a pastor and I don't think he wants to stick around too much longer in the NFL.

That said I think he'd be great in CLE, they need someone steadying the ship for either Darnold or Rosen, but not for very long, like a year or 2.
And they have the cash and the picks to offer the Eagles.
However I think Foles wouldn't suit their team playwise and is completely content to back up Wentz, who will take a while to come back from that knee.

nick87

Coach
No way I’m down for trading out Sb hero to f**king Cleveland.
It would need to be #1 or #4 and he’d have to be legitimately enthusiastic about going there before I’d be ok with that

He deserves so much better than that

Shorty

Staff member
Settle down, I did say he'll stay.
I just dont think any other team would be paying what Eagles will want.
Then again Washington set the precedent.

nick87

Coach
Haha i know, im just saying we cant ship our SB MVP to the Browns! That's awful haha

I was watching the replay again yesterday and it occurred to me, and i know that the Pats dont have an elite pass rusher anywhere on their roster, but Big V actually had an amazing game, and was pretty good down the stretch

JP is coming back next year but he's 36 and quite injury prone, so i absolutely am not trading Big V, he gives us flexibility next year and beyond, and i think JP starts at LT next year and retires, but the odds on him playing all 19 games seems slim

But 6 weeks ago i was thinking with our first round pick we need to find a tackle
Can Vaitai be the long term answer at LT? Or even RT and move Lane to LT?
I think he could be.

Haffa

Big V is 100% our next starting LT. Doug said JP is starting at LT next season yesterday but I agree no chance he’s not getting reduced snaps.

I don’t see any reason to move Lane he’s the best RT in football and elite rushers are being played on that side more and more. The partnership he’s formed with Brooks is something I wouldn’t be breaking up.

Haffa

These scenes at 630am for this parade look incredible. There is footage from 4 hours ago and I’d estimate 100k people already there.

nick87

Coach
Jason Kelce could run for president and get every vote in Philly right now haha

What a lord