What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ailments thread

Who is a bigger cancer on forum and on society in general?

• Total voters

beefstew

Juniors
Sounds to me like Hooch or someone close to him, has something a bit more significant to deal with health wise than whats being talked
about in here.

Anyhoo...i have the shooting balls and ass pain from a back injury...it feels like constant sciatica, but not quite the same, cant sit in
a chair or drive the car for more than half an hour. The old man said footy would catch up with me eventually, just like it did him.

I also have this little rash on my arm that itches like crazy, but i refuse to scratch it...cant let it win!

Cliffhanger

Coach
The awkward moment when BM's about to lose his virginity to hooch and they realise they both have vaginas.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Acute bronchitis. So f**king annoying. But because I've already had to take anti-hestamines a few weeks ago, and had surrender to taking antibiotics about a week earlier for that infected wound in my foot. I refuse to take any more medication, I am pretty sure the only reason I got sick in the first place was because I had to take anti-hestamines three days in a row and took a course of antibiotics.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Nah I have, still running daily, but no more than an hour, no climbing, only doing one session of resistance training and it's not vigorous, and postponing strong lifts commencement until next week.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Well I guess that is a start but if you really want it to clear up stopping all together would be a smart move, especially the hr long run.

Im guessing the stress of not exercising would do you more damage though

adamkungl

Immortal
Hooch wins the biggest douche in the universe award. So far as I can tell she just goes into threads she doesn't approve of to have a bitch and moan. Perma-PMS

Hallatia

Referee
I'm pretty sure Hooch is male and I have no problem with him. Yeah, he has a whinge about stuff, but who doesn't? Most of the threads on LU are dedicated to whinging about some thing or another

Mr Fourex

Bench
Acute bronchitis. So f**king annoying. But because I've already had to take anti-hestamines a few weeks ago, and had surrender to taking antibiotics about a week earlier for that infected wound in my foot. I refuse to take any more medication, I am pretty sure the only reason I got sick in the first place was because I had to take anti-hestamines three days in a row and took a course of antibiotics.

Why the Antihistamines .......?

Got an itch that you just can't scratch?

It always amazes me just how unhealthy supposed healthy people are ....

Cliffhanger

Coach
I rarely get sick, but I am highly allergic to pollen, I don't just get a runny nose, I become covered in hives (ever had hives on the bottom of your feet?) and get severe muscle spasms as well swollen eyelids. If I don't take something my calf muscles stay contracted for 12 hours which and cause the muscle to fatigue and need a few days of rest. It happens at the start of spring every year and sometimes after it's rained for a few days and there's suddenly a very sunny day directly proceeding them (because the pollen in the air spikes). The fact my immune system fights off the pollen so aggressively suggests to me it's pretty strong.

I believe exercising expedites the recovery process by increasing circulation and gets you to sweat it out. It's worked in the past. That and ground flax seeds, honey, fresh oranges and some lemon juice dissolved in hot water.

As for the anti-biotics I had to take them after getting my first blood blister and deciding to pop it, the next day after running it formed again so I popped it in several places, when I ran again it caused the skin to rip off. Every time I ran it would bleed heaps, while I would change my socks I didn't clean my shoes, which didn't help and because of the wet grass my shoes would get wet causing the wound to get wet and eventually get infected. It was just an error in judgement more than anything.

First Grade
I rarely get sick, but I am highly allergic to pollen, I don't just get a runny nose, I become covered in hives (ever had hives on the bottom of your feet?) and get severe muscle spasms as well swollen eyelids. If I don't take something my calf muscles stay contracted for 12 hours which and cause the muscle to fatigue and need a few days of rest. It happens at the start of spring every year and sometimes after it's rained for a few days and there's suddenly a very sunny day directly proceeding them (because the pollen in the air spikes). The fact my immune system fights off the pollen so aggressively suggests to me it's pretty strong.

I believe exercising expedites the recovery process by increasing circulation and gets you to sweat it out. It's worked in the past. That and ground flax seeds, honey, fresh oranges and some lemon juice dissolved in hot water.

As for the anti-biotics I had to take them after getting my first blood blister and deciding to pop it, the next day after running it formed again so I popped it in several places, when I ran again it caused the skin to rip off. Every time I ran it would bleed heaps, while I would change my socks I didn't clean my shoes, which didn't help and because of the wet grass my shoes would get wet causing the wound to get wet and eventually get infected. It was just an error in judgement more than anything.

Shall I buy you a bunch of flowers maam?

Cliffhanger

Coach
That would actually help build my immunity to it. It's just when here's sudden spikes that it gets me. I am not like deadly allergic.

I used eat a teaspoon of pollen granules every morning so I could slowly build my immunity. But that stuff tastes so disgusting and has a terrible after taste. Even worse than fish oil.

First Grade
I am glad you got my meaning, after rereading my post it could of been taken as an attempt to be an ass.