What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The AMNRL no longer exist

Lone Ranger

Juniors
I posted this in an earlier thread but it seems to have been lost in the shuffle.

The AMNRL no longer exist. If Grand Prix Rugby bought them then they have removed them from being visible on the internet. The AMNRL.com and WAR are down. The AMNRL facebook hasn't been updated since the final and Niu is silent on Twitter (possibly a non-compete).

I'm sure he's telling the AMNRL teams something different but when are these guys going to realize he's just a spin doctor!

photomarv

Juniors
Ranger, do you know this to be true? Are they just restructuring the websites, or planning to operate under a different name? Are they merging with the USARL? Give us some solid info. Not trying to doubt you or anything, I'm like all the rest, I would like to know what's going on.

Lone Ranger

Juniors
No facts, just common sense which seems to be lacking in large quantities on what's going on. If anything was under construction they would be quick to mention it.

This is as big as it appears!

gyallop

Juniors
lost in the shuffle or just not worthy of comment?

You make a statement of fact ...The AMNRL no longer exist...then when asked if that is true...no facts!!

No further comment needed is there.

Clarke

Juniors
David Niu told people to get behind something called "real time sports" which is suppose to deliver real-time scores of emerging sports in a unprecedented way. Wonder if there is a connection between the AMNRL and this.

druzik

Juniors
I assume that is the Fantasy sports site?

I find it hard to see how they would get involved. Do they intend to have cameras to televise it and all that?

Wasn't the GPE deal meant to do this, or is it part of that?

byrner

Juniors
No facts, just common sense which seems to be lacking in large quantities on what's going on. If anything was under construction they would be quick to mention it.

This is as big as it appears!

You have to be taking the piss. Right?

parraparraparra

Juniors
Im sick of this bullshit. Just have a proper competition with proper governance. Not this crap, he is selling off RL to private entities. We know that that never works!

Your time is up Niu

gyallop

Juniors
Luckily we havent sold our game here and don't rely on media and digital partners in Australia to fund our game , thank god for the chook raffles at the local Friday nights!

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
lost in the shuffle or just not worthy of comment?

You make a statement of fact ...The AMNRL no longer exist...then when asked if that is true...no facts!!

No further comment needed is there.
I'll have to agree with you on this one gyallop!

Also - Niu may now be following the North American way of running a sports enterprise. Finally. For those of you who think that is wrong, sorry, you are wrong. Look at the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL. They are doing fine, thank you very much.

Also - Niu may now be following the North American way of running a sports enterprise. Finally. For those of you who think that is wrong, sorry, you are wrong. Look at the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL. They are doing fine, thank you very much.

This is not the issue here.

The issue is that the AMNRL are the custodians of the game in the USA. It is not a sport that belongs to any individual no matter how much effort they have put in in the past but, to all the stakeholders who are part of this including players, sponsors, fans and officials. They therefore have a responsibility to all those stakeholders to ensure the game is run in the best possible manner.

Not having a proper website, a split in the game etc shows there are some real issues that simply is not good enough.

As a life long RL fan we get constantly told that we are a sport that will never amount to anything outside our traditional areas. This especially from our soccer and RU friends.

The actions or lack thereof from the AMNRL only confirms what these people are saying.

Fatwing15

Juniors
Come on now. I feel stupid for even clicking on this thread. If you actually believe this yahoo then there is no hope for you.

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
This is not the issue here.

The issue is that the AMNRL are the custodians of the game in the USA. It is not a sport that belongs to any individual no matter how much effort they have put in in the past but, to all the stakeholders who are part of this including players, sponsors, fans and officials. They therefore have a responsibility to all those stakeholders to ensure the game is run in the best possible manner.

Not having a proper website, a split in the game etc shows there are some real issues that simply is not good enough.

As a life long RL fan we get constantly told that we are a sport that will never amount to anything outside our traditional areas. This especially from our soccer and RU friends.

The actions or lack thereof from the AMNRL only confirms what these people are saying.
Believe me BD, I am not in Niu's corner on anything. This thread started because someone made a statement based on an opinion, rather than facts.
And it has continued because someone has said that the AMNRL is now selling itself to make some money, and condemning those actions.
From where I sit in Canada, if indeed Niu has changed his course of actions in relation to gaining a foothold in North America, that is, he has taken an approach that the top pro leagues here use, than good. The four leagues I cited earlier are all doing very well, if not great. And believe me the NRL will do well now that they have changed their course. If only Super League would take the same approach then their lot may improve.

But I am not in Niu's corner, not until he relinquishes his total control, and not until the USARL players are eligible for the Tomahawks.

Come on now. I feel stupid for even clicking on this thread. If you actually believe this yahoo then there is no hope for you.

I do not believe him when he states that the AMNRL not longer exists, but again who can tell us what is going on with this organisation? This is all people are asking and there seems to be nothing which is not the sign of a well run organisation.

For heaven sake the USA is in this years world cup and to be honest it is an embarrasment for the game that they are there.

My RU mates laugh at me when I mention the RLWC and to be honest how could I argue any differently.

I do not pretend to know all the politics behind the situation however from an outsider looking in the whole situation seems a complete mess.

I want RL to thrive in the USA like anyone else on this forum but from what I am seeing it does not look good.

league13

Juniors
I am sure Nui comes on these boards and reads the comments on the state of the game in the USA.The guy could put a stop to this by making a simple comment on how the game is progressing,but,this is unlikely to happen.There is no democracy or transparency while the game is under his control, hence the breakaway by the majority of clubs to form the USARL.

Clarke

Juniors

Running things the way that work best for your area should be the way to go, no tsure too many would argue against this.

Question: Is the MLS run in a American way?

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
Running things the way that work best for your area should be the way to go, no tsure too many would argue against this.

Question: Is the MLS run in a American way?
The MLS is run as a single-entity. That is, everything goes through head office and the individual owners are operators in their areas. I think that's simplifying things, and I'm not a financial guy, so I could be wrong on the exact workings. Some would say that is not the American way. I think with the Big 4 the owners have more control over their own areas than with MLS. Having said that, as MLS grows, it is my understanding that the owners will be gaining more control. And when you really think about it, the Big 4 owners probably have less control over things than they did say 20 years ago. Witness the NFL's TV contract that goes through the league rather than the individual clubs. MLS is akin to a head office with Divisions in each of its cities.

Last edited:

Latest posts