What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The annual saloon passage in to the finals thread

I think Penrith win it this year. They don't play storm, sharks, roosters or Brisbane coming in and have a bunch of games at home. They have:

Cows (after origin)
Souths
Manly (minus trjboveic's maybe)
Warriors
Titans
Dogs
Tigers
Cows
Raiders
Dragons
Manly

Pretty easy run, you'd expect them to win at least 8/11 there and challenge for the top 4.

OldPanther

Coach
I think Penrith win it this year. They don't play storm, sharks, roosters or Brisbane coming in and have a bunch of games at home. They have:

Cows (after origin)
Souths
Warriors
Titans
Dogs
Tigers
Cows
Raiders
Dragons
Manly

Pretty easy run, you'd expect them to win at least 8/11 there and challenge for the top 4.

I didn't realise we had THAT much of an easy run. A few tough ones but only the cows should be top tier challenge. Finals should be certain unless they derp badly. Top 4 will depend largely on teams like the Dragons and Roosters by the look of it. Whether they stay strong or fall away.

txta2

Bench
>>>>> Panthers forum

But seriously you have mental issues if you think Panthers can make top 4

Danish

Referee
Roosters win the award for whatever the opposite of a saloon run is...

Storm - Home (Adelaide)
Sharks - Home (central coast)
Souths - Home (no origin players)
Knights - Home
Cowboys - Home
Manly - Away
Storm - Away
Tigers - Home
Sharks - Away
Titans - Home

So we play storm & Sharks twice, with all 4 games somehow not at our home ground due to geniused management.

We then play Manly at Brookie (a ground we generally get our ass handed to us at) and Cowboys. Both of those games are going to be very tough.

Souths are crap, but always generally lift against us. Never an easy win there. We are also going to be 4 men down due to origin, making it all the more difficult.

Then lastly we have some obviously very winnable games against the Knights, Tigers, and Titans.... but then again we managed to lose to the f**king Warriors this year so we tend to have a propensity to mail it in when we think we are certainties.

I see us winning 5-7 games, which will see us just scrape into the top 4 on the high side or fall down to 6th or even 7th on the low side depending on results.

coolsteve

Juniors

Cows (after origin)
Souths
Warriors
Titans
Dogs
Tigers
Cows
Raiders
Dragons
Manly

I can see them losing 6 of those

Storm - Home (Adelaide)
Knights - Home
Cowboys - Home
Manly - Away
Storm - Away
Tigers - Home
Sharks - Away
Titans - Home

So we play storm & Sharks twice, with all 4 games somehow not at our home ground due to geniused management.

We then play Manly at Brookie (a ground we generally get our ass handed to us at) and Cowboys. Both of those games are going to be very tough.

Souths are crap, but always generally lift against us. Never an easy win there. We are also going to be 4 men down due to origin, making it all the more difficult.

Then lastly we have some obviously very winnable games against the Knights, Tigers, and Titans.... but then again we managed to lose to the f**king Warriors this year so we tend to have a propensity to mail it in when we think we are certainties.

I see us winning 5-7 games, which will see us just scrape into the top 4 on the high side or fall down to 6th or even 7th on the low side depending on results.

That is horrible, you guys have such a gun squad though. I think you'll find a way

Storm - Home (Adelaide)
Knights - Home
Cowboys - Home
Manly - Away
Storm - Away
Tigers - Home
Sharks - Away
Titans - Home

The Lada run?

Tommy Smith

Referee
It's nowhere near as easy a draw as the Dragons, who already stuffed up their saloon passage on the weekend.

The Panthers will need to go 9-2 from here to even have a chance of making the top 4.

Not having a single Origin rep helps; but I think if JT backs up after Origin 1 then the Cowboys will end that remote possibility straight away.

If the Panthers were playing well I'd give them an outside chance of the top 4. But Moylan's magic covered up what was still an ordinary performance.

They're top 8 certainties however. What is amusing btw is that even at 2-5 and then 2-6 I was still telling Panthers fans in gameday threads that they'll definitely make the top 8. And yet it was they who said they were done.

4 wins later and they're full of bluster again and telling everyone what I already knew which is that they'll make the top 8! Oh how I laugh:D

OldPanther

Coach

Storm - Home (Adelaide)
Knights - Home
Cowboys - Home
Manly - Away
Storm - Away
Tigers - Home
Sharks - Away
Titans - Home

Wow. At least no one can say they didn't earn it.

OldPanther

Coach
It's nowhere near as easy a draw as the Dragons, who already stuffed up their saloon passage on the weekend.

The Panthers will need to go 9-2 from here to even have a chance of making the top 4.

Not having a single Origin rep helps; but I think if JT backs up after Origin 1 then the Cowboys will end that remote possibility straight away.

If the Panthers were playing well I'd give them an outside chance of the top 4. But Moylan's magic covered up what was still an ordinary performance.

They're top 8 certainties however. What is amusing btw is that even at 2-5 and then 2-6 I was still telling Panthers fans in gameday threads that they'll definitely make the top 8. And yet it was they who said they were done.

4 wins later and they're full of bluster again and telling everyone what I already knew which is that they'll make the top 8! Oh how I laugh:D

Because until they went 4 in a row they looked like a bottom 4 team. They than pick their game up and put themselves 2 wins out of the top 4 which wasn't exactly easy to see coming.

Tommy Smith

Referee
On the contrary I think it was reasonably easy to see wins against Warrior (home) - Knights - Bulldogs - Raiders (not in Canberra) coming.

The Panthers are a very talented team so it's hardly a stretch to imagine that they would win all 4 of those games.

Cowboys away however is a different ball game so we'll learn a lot more about how they're going after that clash.

rabbitohs95

Bench

Storm - Home (Adelaide)
Knights - Home
Cowboys - Home
Manly - Away
Storm - Away
Tigers - Home
Sharks - Away
Titans - Home

Do we seriously play each other during Origin week? Surely not...

coolumsharkie

Referee
Canberra has the hardest looking run home. Broncos, Cowboys, Dragons Storm all at GIO then Souffs, Sharks, Warriors away Penrith, Knights GIO and lastly Storm away.

Latest posts