What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The annual saloon passage in to the finals thread

adamkungl

Immortal
The 'soft draw' dribble is a myth.

All comes round eventually. If you scrape into the finals on a supposed soft draw you're found out in pretty short order, and if you just miss out because of a tough draw you didn't deserve to be there anyway.

2010Dragons

Bench
The Mighty Dragons struggled to be the West Tigers and got bashed by the Dogs....
Even if the remains games we were to play the Newcastle Knights 13 times, The Dragons will find a way to play dumb football and lose every game.

OldPanther

Coach
The Mighty Dragons struggled to be the West Tigers and got bashed by the Dogs....
Even if the remains games we were to play the Newcastle Knights 13 times, The Dragons will find a way to play dumb football and lose every game.

They just need to fix their kicking game. Widdop is good at it he just didn't hit the mark against the dogs.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Broncos, Cowboys, Dragons, Sharks, Storm twice..

Warriors.

Knights, are not enough. Souths are not enough...

I think Penrith win it this year. They don't play storm, sharks, roosters or Brisbane coming in and have a bunch of games at home. They have:

Cows (after origin)
Souths
Manly (minus trjboveic's maybe)
Warriors
Titans
Dogs
Tigers
Cows
Raiders
Dragons
Manly

Pretty easy run, you'd expect them to win at least 8/11 there and challenge for the top 4.

We certainly won't make the Top 4. Top 8 is no certainty either. Our defence is still pretty soft. I would say we will lose both games against the Cowboys, the game against the Raiders and the one against Manly in the last round. The games against Manly in Penrith, Warriors in NZ, Titans at home and Dragons at home are 50/50. We should beat Dogs, Tigers. I am certainly not overly confident of making the finals.

TheFrog

Coach
We certainly won't make the Top 4. Top 8 is no certainty either. Our defence is still pretty soft. I would say we will lose both games against the Cowboys, the game against the Raiders and the one against Manly in the last round. The games against Manly in Penrith, Warriors in NZ, Titans at home and Dragons at home are 50/50. We should beat Dogs, Tigers. I am certainly not overly confident of making the finals.
Playing for 7th spot next week. I'm a bit more hopeful. It won't take many more wins on the current run to find ourselves in 4th. The top 5 teams beat each other up a fair bit over rounds 16 and 17.

Manly (minus trjboveic's maybe)

Jake quite likely, but if Tom is to be looked at on the wing you'd think they'd maybe go for Mansour instead. I hope they don't though.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
Good work on waiting for Newcastle's bye points to be awarded before responding.
On the NRL site, which you'd think is official, the Knights are still last. But they won't be after today's game is decided.

Actually I didn't wait for anything. I didn't read this rather silly thread until today.

davi

Juniors
Raiders vs Panthers will be a big clash next Sunday could have big implications on top eight make up. By saying that the Raiders also have to play Storm in the last round. They certainly have their work cut out for them if they want to scrape in.