What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ashes!

Itsamansgame

Juniors
I would be handing the No 6 spot to Daniel Hughes,if we're struggling he can graft,if we're on top he can put on 50 real quick.
What he would do to a tiring pommy attack would be awesome to watch!
Actually I'm not convinced that there would be much difference between a fresh or tiring pommy attack!

Travitoh

First Grade
I would've kept Renshaw and played Bancroft at 6.
Tim Paine's selection is left field but no one else has put forward strong enough form to complain about missing out.
I'd be tempted to play Sayers over Cummins for the D/N tests but it's probably unlikely.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I would've kept Renshaw and played Bancroft at 6.
Tim Paine's selection is left field but no one else has put forward strong enough form to complain about missing out.
I'd be tempted to play Sayers over Cummins for the D/N tests but it's probably unlikely.
I don't know what to make of it all........

Rabbits20

Immortal
England have fought hard here and are putting up a fight at a snails pace...

Root will look to move it along now....

Boy we'd love to get Root out and then a couple may fall...

So ENG: 2/144 in 59th over

Nevill should be the keeper as well....... Paine dropped one of course....

Travitoh

First Grade
England have fought hard here and are putting up a fight at a snails pace...

Root will look to move it along now....

Boy we'd love to get Root out and then a couple may fall...

So ENG: 2/144 in 59th over

Nevill should be the keeper as well....... Paine dropped one of course....

I reckon the selectors wanted Carey but the truth is that no keeper at state level did anything to force the selectors in to selecting them, hence why they brought in Paine from the wilderness.

I reckon England have the edge after today. Should the weather stay away, batting will get easier and they've got 200 on the board after losing an hour or so to rain.

Inkers75

Juniors
Sadly the only coverage in the UK will be on BTSport. There won't be even any terrestrial highlights this series so the majority of people won't even be watching.
Money rules.....

Rabbits20

Immortal
I reckon the selectors wanted Carey but the truth is that no keeper at state level did anything to force the selectors in to selecting them, hence why they brought in Paine from the wilderness.

I reckon England have the edge after today. Should the weather stay away, batting will get easier and they've got 200 on the board after losing an hour or so to rain.
I can't seen England getting much more than 350-370.

We should pick up a wicket with this new ball....

Travitoh

First Grade
Steve Smith is just a different class. He didn't look bothered.
Usman could be in a bit of strife, Maxwell knocked up a double ton today for Victoria and is still at the crease

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just before 6:30 AEDT and just before 6:00 in Adelaide they showed the crowd and from side on there was a man in a Souths member cap......

Maybe it was Travitoh hahahaha.......

Rabbits20

Immortal
Now it's raining....

England will be doing the rain dance to save themselves from humiliation.....

So hard batting under lights with the ball moving all over the place....

Travitoh

First Grade
Just before 6:30 AEDT and just before 6:00 in Adelaide they showed the crowd and from side on there was a man in a Souths member cap......

Maybe it was Travitoh hahahaha.......

Haha. Not me mate, i didn't get a ticket for this test but I'd be representing my clubs attire if i were. Plenty of Souths merch getting about in SA though.

callmack1

Staff member
Guys, there's random Souths guys at almost every sporting event haha! Heck, I saw a Souths jersey while watching the Blackcaps vs West Indies the other day no joke haha. We're everywhere us Souths fans!

Inkers75

Juniors
I saw a Souths fan a couple of years ago at a Leeds Rhinos game. Mind you he spoke in a Yorkshire accent and was chanting for Ryan Hall. :thumbsup_tone1:

Guys, there's random Souths guys at almost every sporting event haha! Heck, I saw a Souths jersey while watching the Blackcaps vs West Indies the other day no joke haha. We're everywhere us Souths fans!

Pommy

Coach
Now it's raining....

England will be doing the rain dance to save ourselves from humiliation.....

So hard batting under lights with the ball moving all over the place....

Your a pom remember, that is what you said.

Travitoh

First Grade
I saw a Souths fan a couple of years ago at a Leeds Rhinos game. Mind you he spoke in a Yorkshire accent and was chanting for Ryan Hall. :thumbsup_tone1:

Until the Yorkshire accent, that could've easily been me.
I met a couple of Souths fans at the Taps before or after games and had a good chat with them.
I really enjoyed going to watch the Rhinos.

Back on topic, when will English captains learn that if you win the toss in Australia, you bat first

Travitoh

First Grade
I would've sent England in again, get at them again while their heads are down.
Allowing them to bowl again and at this stage of the test gives them an opportunity to regain some confidence and a bit of feel good factor amongst the group going in to the final innings

Travitoh

First Grade
England have their tails up now and are back in the game while we're backing in our decision to bat by sending in a night-watchman. Well done Smith.