What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The awsome foursome

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
Knights
Roosters
Dragons
Panthers

Yet again our wonderful NSW selectors have stuck with the same plan that they have used for GOD knows how long!

Pick ONLY from Knights, Roosters, Dragons and who ever won last years premiership.

Dragons have 8!
Trent Barrett (Dragons), Matt Cooper (Dragons), Jason Ryles (Dragons)Mark Gasnier (Dragons), Lance Thompson (Dragons), Ben Hornby (Dragons), Brent Kite (Dragons), Shaun Timmins (Dragons)

Knights have 5!
Danny Buderus (Knights), Timana Tahu (Knights) Kurt Gidley (Knights), Matthew Gidley (Knights), Ben Kennedy (Knights),

Roosters have 4!
Anthony Minichiello (Roosters), Ryan Cross (Roosters), Craig Fitzgibbon (Roosters), Craig Wing (Roosters),

Penrith have 4!
Joel Clinton (Panthers), Craig Gower (Panthers), Trent Waterhouse (Panthers), Luke Lewis (Panthers).

Now just have a look at the players that are selected. Cast your eyes over the following:

Lance Thompson - Drunken raving lunatic who is BLOODY injured!
Ben Hornby - Look what scoring 3 tries does for you!
Craig Fitzgibbon - Only just got back from injury! So 1 game in the past three months automaticly gets you selected?
Craig Wing - ditto, and was aweful on saturday

There are more...but it makes me sick to look at the team.

When will someone else be selected? So far there are 2 players from Sharks and 1 from canberra selected as well.

I am sure that Johns and Fletcher would have been selected as well.
I guess you just have to suck the right.....no i wont go there, but you get my drift.

Why do we have NSW v QLD? We may aswell have Broncos v Dragons or Newcastle

brook

First Grade

This is harsh!!

Thomo has been in fantastic form and if his injury will allow him to play I'd have selected him too

The other players you have a point though

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
brook said:

This is harsh!!

Thomo has been in fantastic form and if his injury will allow him to play I'd have selected him too

Ha ha ha.

I suppose your right

Im glad we are all not NSW selectors though.............imagine that!

LOL

tiger_nick

Bench
brook said:

This is harsh!!

I played juniors with Lance and went to school with him. Saw him today and congratulated him. There is nobody more passionate about footy in the game than him. He deserves his spot and I think its been a long time coming.

One thing that will surprise people is how different he was as a junior. He was a ball playing lock. He did a lot of work but he was an awesome ball player. He also was a goal kicker and good general play kicker. Unfortunetly (in some ways) he got thrown into first grade while still @ high school and was told to just concentrate on hitting it up and defending. The dragons coaching staff coached him to be a boring player. Its a shame cause as good as he is, I think he could have been a lot better!

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
Well it would seem that everyone has proven me wrong about Lance

If he makes it in then I hope he does a bloody good job for NSW (and im sure they (who ever gets sellected) all will)

Eddie.

Bench
Sorry but i think Fitzgibbon is a great player.

Hornby is questionable, others deserve their spots, especially Lance Thompson who i thought was only an average footballer until this year, he has dead set been on fire.

skandofan

Juniors
HappyTiger said:
What baffles me is Brent Kite. Are these guys fair dinkum.And ahead of Skando.............geez comon.

EXACTLY... finally someones says wat is so obvious. U say Horny got there on 3 tries......... Kite gets a spot for having a name which is easy to say.

i think the commentators get sick of saying " Skandalis"

super_coach

First Grade
lance thompson--has been the form forward of the comp this year--if he was up for grabs at the end of the year-I reckon sheens would be after him,along with most other clubs
as for skando-shuld have been one of the bookends for the last three years--he is suited for origon football tough strong and a goer--but with gould running the show he has no chance--good for us--but kick in the guts for skando

skandofan

Juniors
i thought gould would be someone who would give skando a go- he seems like he would and from some of his comments- but i dont know anymore

i seriously felt like trying to contact one of the selectors to let them know that Skando was available for selection- because it just seems like they forget

mikey

Juniors
Skandalis will never get picked until he learns how to break the line.

He may be good at defence, he may take it up all day long, he has a huge heart, but difference between him and the players getting picked is they can break the line.

innsaneink

Referee
mikey said:
Skandalis will never get picked until he learns how to break the line.

He may be good at defence, he may take it up all day long, he has a huge heart, but difference between him and the players getting picked is they can break the line.
Now Im one of Skandos biggest fans as well....but the cold hard truth is that mikey is 100% correct.
90 something % of the time...as has been pointed out...when he gets to the defence thats the end of his run, not many offloads there either.

,....saw some highlights of Rauhihi last nite and he broke the line at least 5 times V the warriors, thats an average game for him. I'd love to see Skando do that but its been a while.

Skando fan......I like your passion and loyalty but when you say things like O'Meley and Hornby are crap and Skandos one of the top three props in the country......then your opinion starts to lose credibility.

Skando is a great player, one of our best if not the best.....he doesnt need overinflated opinions to help prop him up...his efforts week in week out do that on their own, hes right up there near the top...good enough for me.

Tigerpete

Juniors
well our misfortune in rep sides is our gain really, we get our full compliment of players while other clubs miss theirs.