What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The benefit of the doubt

Feej

First Grade
Remember earlier in the season when everyone, including the coach said Holmes should have backed himself more and scored a try that would have eclipsed ET's record?

carcharias

Immortal
Remember earlier in the season when everyone, including the coach said Holmes should have backed himself more and scored a try that would have eclipsed ET's record?
I thought the exact same thing after reading people bagging him out
Probably should've passed it in hindsight

I reckon it was a try anyway
He wasn't held .. He was still bouncing .

cb4

First Grade
Both were no tries. Val extended his arm. Ennis ran the player of their natural line. Both correct decisions.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Both were no tries. Val extended his arm. Ennis ran the player of their natural line. Both correct decisions.

Yep.

Let's not let the facts get in the way of the strong, developing "woe is me " attitude

Card Shark

Immortal

I agree on the double movement but an obstruction 50m up the field should've been called there & then!

cb4

First Grade
I agree on the double movement but an obstruction 50m up the field should've been called there & then!

Disagree.
That's life though.

The lead ref isn't watching the ruck, and the ruck ref has more than a play the ball to monitor.
If Barba got tackles, so be it, play on. But the advantage of technology is that they can always go back and get the call correct.

Card Shark

Immortal
There was nothing in it out of the ordinary.

The refs obviously thought that too as they didn't penalise when it happened.

So we score & it goes to the out of touch dickheads in the bunker to try & find a reason to dissallow it, as Flanno said.

carcharias

Immortal
I have just watched it again 5 times
That was a try and I don't give a f**k what anyone says
I'm right they're wrong
I can not remember anyone ever being penalised for passing a short ball from dummy half and then following the play through the ruck .
It is not obstruction
If he had no part in the play then maybe ( at a clutch )
But he was the ball player .
It's ridiculous
What's next?
Banning blokes throwing a dummy just in case the opposition fall for it.

they are f**king the game
2 cracking trys disallowed.

SharkShocked

Bench
Disagree.
That's life though.

The lead ref isn't watching the ruck, and the ruck ref has more than a play the ball to monitor.
If Barba got tackles, so be it, play on. But the advantage of technology is that they can always go back and get the call correct.

Unless of course the player gets tackled and you score on the ensuing tackle.

What a wonderful sport we have.

bluefox68

Staff member
Wrist-slashing moment - Storm beat us in the GF in the last few minutes off an inside pass involving Smith, Cronk and Munster...

I'm right they're wrong
I can not remember anyone ever being penalised for passing a short ball from dummy half and then following the play through the ruck .
It is not obstruction
It's ridiculous
What's next?

Ken oath Carch, I'm with you on both counts.
As for Vals try, he bounced off the ground and his torso ended up over the line so how the feck is that not a try. Yes he promoted the ball but in the fecking air as he was flung upwards. The only place he can stop that kind of motion is by pausing the slow motion replay and there is the problem. Play it in normal time and he bounces through momentum, simple.

Anyway, it's good that we are bitchin and a moanin when we won by 30 odd.

How times have changed. Not so long ago a 10 point half time lead had me praying for the full time whistle to be blown then and there.

I'm right they're wrong
It is not obstruction
It's ridiculous
What's next?

Well said

Weaponhead

Coach
And yet c smith can do it every game without ever getting penalised .

Ennis gets treated differently.

If it wasn't Ennis it would not have been referred. Smith continually gets away with murder by looking clumsy but he is 100% in control.

Ennis threw the pass and backed up. He is in the play not a decoy. The Knight hooker grabs Ennis. Ennis doesn't change his line. Was Ennis aware of the Knights player, probably. It was an excessively nit picking ruling typical of Bernard Sutton.

One thing we need to manage is not getting hammered by the refs in a final. Gallen , Fifita and Ennis are all targets. Their reputation is not unearned but it could cost us if they are not disciplined.

cb4

First Grade
Gallen needs to stop being a dick head then. Him getting up and shoving the player sparking a hand bags at 10 paces will always result in him penalised. he needs to know this.

He also needs to stop whinging after every call and just accept it. Point me to a time where the ref has ever changed their mind?

carcharias

Immortal
Gal copped a high shot across the face by some blue flamer
Didn't get up whinging
Just pushed the bloke away
Then blue flamer starts hand bagging

And ref penalises the bloke who copped the high shot .

Then gal starts whinging

McLovin

Staff member
The ref saw Gal push him in the head apparently. Dud call... the first marker is pushed 40 times a game...

Eion

First Grade
Thought the Val one was a probably a double, and the Ennis one definitely a f**king travesty.

millersnose

Post Whore
Gal copped a high shot across the face by some blue flamer
Didn't get up whinging
Just pushed the bloke away
Then blue flamer starts hand bagging

And ref penalises the bloke who copped the high shot .

Then gal starts whinging
That's exactly what happened
If Gallen had stayed on the ground it would have been a penalty