What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bermuda triangle@. Sharks r9

You don't underrstand how the Flanno machine works. It will be more or less the same team every week regardless of the performance the week before.
He has a top 17: Sloan, Rava, Suli, Bird, Lomax, Kyle, Hunt, Eisenhuth, Leilua, Sua, Sele, Liddle, F. Molo, Brown, Lawrie, De Belin, RFM.
If an outside back is injured, CT comes in and there is a reshuffle.
If a half or hooker is injured, Marschke comes in.
If a forward is injured BMM/M. Molo come in.
I suspect he feels the lower grade players aren’t ready yet

I think you will see that by mid-season this will change

TheRev

First Grade
I dont 100% agree with selections, but I support Flanno's approach, fans want musical chairs after every loss... but the music stops pretty quick when you play that game.

However.. a couple of consecutive losses will shift how rusted on that 17 is.. and we haven't had a bad run of games yet, we have in fact exceeded expectations.

Note: The only obvious upgrade from cup is Toby Couchman.. i.e. there is no hidden talent pool in our cup team.

steerlerbab

Juniors
You don't underrstand how the Flanno machine works. It will be more or less the same team every week regardless of the performance the week before.
He has a top 17: Sloan, Rava, Suli, Bird, Lomax, Kyle, Hunt, Eisenhuth, Leilua, Sua, Sele, Liddle, F. Molo, Brown, Lawrie, De Belin, RFM.
If an outside back is injured, CT comes in and there is a reshuffle.
If a half or hooker is injured, Marschke comes in.
If a forward is injured BMM/M. Molo come in.
It is understandable. He is trying to get combinations going. At the moment our team is a bunch of individuals and a lot of times our set plays fail or in defense our defensive collapses . One good example of this was when Suli got concussed last week. Our team could not compensate for this and we all saw what happened.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Flanno wants to surprise the Sharks I think a last minute change of Zac to fullback and someone from reggies to centre. The Sharks will probably base their attacking gameplay around Sloan and if they see Zac their may have to make last minute adjustments that throw a spanner in the works. Maybe put Sloan on the bench and have Sharks guessing will he or won't he come on. Play some mind games. Bird can drop into the backrow if Zac moves to centre to account for Sloan and fullback.

If Flanno wants to surprise the Sharks I think a last minute change of Zac to fullback and someone from reggies to centre. The Sharks will probably base their attacking gameplay around Sloan and if they see Zac their may have to make last minute adjustments that throw a spanner in the works. Maybe put Sloan on the bench and have Sharks guessing will he or won't he come on. Play some mind games. Bird can drop into the backrow if Zac moves to centre to account for Sloan and fullback.
He'll have to reduce the team sheet to 19 players on Saturday. Mat Fegai is the only outside back on the team sheet. So he would be the only possibility. It won't happen unless Sloan is injured.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes, keep them guessing and playing mind games. Fitzy would have set game plans on our 1-17 for sure and have Sloan targeted and of course running up the middle all day so Flanno needs to cover these plans somehow.

SBD82

Coach
Yes, keep them guessing and playing mind games. Fitzy would have set game plans on our 1-17 for sure and have Sloan targeted and of course running up the middle all day so Flanno needs to cover these plans somehow.
This is genius.

Instead of playing our best team, we should surprise them and not play our best team.

They’ll never see it coming.

since77

Juniors
This is genius.

Instead of playing our best team, we should surprise them and not play our best team.

They’ll never see it coming.
Well to be fair, he's still not playing our best team if f*$king Lawrie is in the side......
I bet that big, mean, well drilled Sharks forward pack is shaking in their boots and having a sleepless night knowing tomorrow they're going to be facing Blake Lawrie lumbering towards them in slow motion.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Never fear! We'll have Ben "Marquee game manager halfback" Hunt making sure our last tackle kicks make us look like the Three Stooges and I'm betting not one kick goes along the ground in wet conditions.
After being at the Knights game recently and watching them destroy us with short kicks on the ground into the in goal area in very very wet conditions I will be totally pissed if we don't use this tactic....then again we do play ultra dumb at times dont we