What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The big question for Madge?

Rsag85

Bench
Will Madge drop a few players after today's performance or keep the same basic side for round 8?
And how does he fix's our attack going forward?

Rsag85

Bench
I'm glad you used the term "going forward"--Madge's favourite,RSAG!!

Trouble is;Madge has been sitting on his hands for so long they're fused to his arse!!!

I would like to see the likes of Tyrell Fuimaono get a run, also it's time in my opinion to stop the 2 hookers in the side have a 80 minute performer and stick with it. Cook is the man for the job

Rabbits20

Immortal
Will Madge drop a few players after today's performance or keep the same basic side for round 8?
And how does he fix's our attack going forward?
Sam and George will be out!!!!!

1. AJ
2. ??????
3. Hunt
4. Goodwin (it's his best position)
5. ????????
6. Cody
7. AR (C)
8. Tom
9. Cook
10. Musgrove
11. Sutton
12. Crichton
13. Turner

14. Farah
15. Clark
16. Cherrington
17. Rochow

Gonna be a long night!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh but we will be right as we got Rochow............ oh oh and Hunt is returning too and his defence is so good!!!!!!!

doyen

Bench
I would like to see the likes of Tyrell Fuimaono get a run, also it's time in my opinion to stop the 2 hookers in the side have a 80 minute performer and stick with it. Cook is the man for the job

Personally,I don't think Cook has a clue--I would go with the SOO option in Farah for 80 & let Cookie lead the Bears around!!

Rsag85

Bench
Personally,I don't think Cook has a clue--I would go with the SOO option in Farah & let Cookie lead the Bears around!!

Cook saved two try's in the first half, if it wasn't for him the score line could of been bigger then what it was. Farah service is slow

Rabbit toes

First Grade
AJ
Burns
Hunt
Goodwin
Jennings
Walker
Reynolds
Tom
Farah
Musgrove
Chricton
Turner
Clarke

Sutton
Cherrington
Fuimano
Murray

If sam plays then he'd slot into lock and Murray or cherrington drop out

Travitoh

First Grade
This season, Farah starting has a 50% winning record. Cook starting has a 67% losing record.
The stats don't lie

greg jay

Juniors
Pressure should be mounting on Maguire. Three home games and three defeats by 13 +.That defeat - which could easily have been a good win - cost me a $5,340 collect in a 6 Leg Multi I took with some Champions League and European Soccer games in which I had Juventus 3-0 v. Messi. I would have been happy had the 9-8 scoreline remained. The cruel thing is we had UPTEEN CHANCES to SCORE after the Half but the team did everything possible NOT TO SCORE. Maguire has proven he is a very good coach BUT fpr a SHORT TIME PERIOD only. The longer he stays the worse the team may become.I can tell when a coach and and the players should divorce. When a team continually makes idiotic mistakes in possession and turns the ball over regularly its time to divorce. Give David Furner a shot.

Rsag85

Bench
This season, Farah starting has a 50% winning record. Cook starting has a 67% losing record.
The stats don't lie

I think the score line could of been bigger today if it wasn't for the two try saving tackles from Cook in the first half

greg jay

Juniors
Why Fuimoana has failed to unseat Talakai I do not know. The team is averaging 10.2 ppg with Talakai as a starter. Sure Jennings too was poor and very costly but Maguire does not seem capable of improving young players. Nor has he been able to rid turnovers from Sam and The Burgess Brothers. This has gone on for 4-5 years. Surely the time has come to put Maguire under pressure.Too many turnovers and too little offloading and support play will do him in if he fails to make adjustments.

greg jay

Juniors
Its time to put Maguire under the spotlight. The team appears to be deteriorating. Little spark little improvement in players and poor team ball control. Little risk taking unless a game is out of hand. My Q/ Is This: Is Maguire merely a Short Term Head Coach? He lasted 2 years at Wigan and he peaked in his 3rd year at Smiths Crisps. Its been steadily downhill thereafter. Are the players stifled by his methods and approach? There appears no intent to offload passes around the ruck and little attacking creativity. Johnson gets into the clear ONCE and scores from way out. Why does this happen just once in a game??? Maguire should be called out. He should be queried about various issues eg continual turnovers, boring with the ball etc etc .

Rsag85

Bench
Madge does well with his sides being powerful. We need some power off the bench. Our forwards as a group need to lay the platform so our little men can do there magic.

OVP

Coach
Its time to put Maguire under the spotlight. The team appears to be deteriorating. Little spark little improvement in players and poor team ball control. Little risk taking unless a game is out of hand. My Q/ Is This: Is Maguire merely a Short Term Head Coach? He lasted 2 years at Wigan and he peaked in his 3rd year at Smiths Crisps. Its been steadily downhill thereafter. Are the players stifled by his methods and approach? There appears no intent to offload passes around the ruck and little attacking creativity. Johnson gets into the clear ONCE and scores from way out. Why does this happen just once in a game??? Maguire should be called out. He should be queried about various issues eg continual turnovers, boring with the ball etc etc .

I'm not a Souths fan, but I agree with you 100%.
Coaches, like Madge and Ricky Stuart, who are always intense and demand constant intensity from their players really only have a shelf life at a club for 3 years max. Any longer, and you get tiredness and complacency and bad attitudes. Nothing is going to change at Souths until you get a new coach, his time is past. Madge will be ok though, he'll get a new job at a new club and maybe even win another comp, but really to me Souths have looked complacent and tired for 2 years since the GF win. Time for a change imo.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well Pangai Jnr has dislocated a finger/s.

He won't be there next week.

We need a few problems to happen for the Broncs to be competitive.