What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Broncos/Cowboys Rivalry

Bangkok Cowboy

Juniors
When JT retires that will free up 1 Million + dollars which is a lot of money to spread across the team or on another star player. Even though it will be a sad day when he does go it certain does not look that bad for the Cowboys especially with Morgan putting his hand up this year. Our halves have only a handful of games together, but looking across the rest of the team the Cowboys have a very strong side. Imagine if the Cowboys had Scott and McLean / or another rated prop this year we would have won more games and very likely placed in the top 4. Sure we missed JT but our go forward was not there either for a lot of games. When we have all of our forwards back and JT it will be a season to rejoice. On the Broncos the thing that irks me is they get a lot of 7 days splits given they play more Friday night footy than any other team, this to me is an unfair advantage. There are a lot of Broncos fans that live in Townsville so there is a health rivalry between the two clubs. Having said this I think most nrl fans that don't support either team would probably side with the Cowboys as the Broncos seem to be one of the more despised clubs in the Comp imo.

butchmcdick

Immortal
Cowboys will be playing finals football, but there busted and some of their players are exhausted. I really think the Sharks will put them to sword next week and no this is not taunting but the injuries they have racked up really has got them stretched. Antonio Winterstein was virtually playing against the Broncos on one leg.

I couldn't work out why you boys stopped running at him in the second half ?

I agree with you re the sharks

Milford looked slick for you

Watching the 2015 gf again it seems clear to me Milford should of won the Clive Churchill

davi

Juniors
I couldn't work out why you boys stopped running at him in the second half ?

I agree with you re the sharks

Milford looked slick for you

Watching the 2015 gf again it seems clear to me Milford should of won the Clive Churchill

Agreed it should have been Milford.

They gave it to Thurston, from memory his game was quiet despite the field goal. If they were to give to a Cowboy it should have been Tamou. There seems to be a lot of questionable decisions when giving out that award (Luke Lewis 2016). Politics, sentiment, or just plain poor judgement has gotten in the way at times with giving out that award.

Agreed it should have been Milford.

They gave it to Thurston, from memory his game was quiet despite the field goal. If they were to give to a Cowboy it should have been Tamou. There seems to be a lot of questionable decisions when giving out that award (Luke Lewis 2016). Politics, sentiment, or just plain poor judgement has gotten in the way at times with giving out that award.

The Clive Churchill medal winner is selected by the Australian selectors, so it's an absolute rort and a Kiwi will never be allowed to win. Burgess was allowed to win cos he's pretty much an aussie sell-out anyway. Other than him, only Kangaroo reps have ever won it.

SBD82

Coach
Is there any sequence of outcomes this week that sees Brisbane and the cowboys play a sudden death game the following weekend?

davi

Juniors
Is there any sequence of outcomes this week that sees Brisbane and the cowboys play a sudden death game the following weekend?

Broncos and Cowboys won't meet second week in the semi-finals no matter how the results go.

Last edited:

some11

Referee
Man of the Match goes to...

hx0vvuM.jpg

Another outstanding game, I hate to be the one facing the Cows with Morgan and Coote back.

Last edited:

King hit

Coach
The Cowboys V Broncos rivalry is the best in the NRL. The games never fail to disappoint and we were treated to another classic just then. Crazy to think how one sided these games were when i was younger. Took the Cowboys 9 years and almost 20 games to beat the Broncos.

Shorty

Staff member
yep there was a distinct lack of dirty play tactics you see in, for example, a Sharks game

refreshing
Even though the fans can't stand one and other, the players are probably quite close to one and other and certainly respect each other.
That's how it should be imo.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
When JT retires that will free up 1 Million + dollars which is a lot of money to spread across the team or on another star player. Even though it will be a sad day when he does go it certain does not look that bad for the Cowboys especially with Morgan putting his hand up this year. Our halves have only a handful of games together, but looking across the rest of the team the Cowboys have a very strong side. Imagine if the Cowboys had Scott and McLean / or another rated prop this year we would have won more games and very likely placed in the top 4. Sure we missed JT but our go forward was not there either for a lot of games. When we have all of our forwards back and JT it will be a season to rejoice. On the Broncos the thing that irks me is they get a lot of 7 days splits given they play more Friday night footy than any other team, this to me is an unfair advantage. There are a lot of Broncos fans that live in Townsville so there is a health rivalry between the two clubs. Having said this I think most nrl fans that don't support either team would probably side with the Cowboys as the Broncos seem to be one of the more despised clubs in the Comp imo.

And yet the Broncos receive no appreciation from clubs like st george illawarra Newcastle and the tits for propping them up for years. The broadcasters pay the bills. The broadcasters want the Broncos playing Friday nights. It's that f**ken simple idiot.

Billythekid

First Grade
All bullshit rivalry faff talk aside, you can’t beat that shit tonight. No one either side lays down for bullshit penalties, they just play hard footy.

Brisbane deserved to win tonight hands down.

Yep. What a fantastic spectacle for RL. Great game and lots of passion on display with a huge vocal crowd in attendance. That's the sort of game that will bring fans to the game.

Billythekid

First Grade
I might also add that it's great to see an NRL rivalry given the spotlight it deserves. It feels like a lot of NRL rivalries go off with a whimper rather than a bang. Other sporting codes in Australia massively hype up their rivalries (especially soccer) with great effect. People want to be involved even if their team is otherwise struggling. It would be great to see some of our rivalries revived.

Maroon4life

Juniors
And yet the Broncos receive no appreciation from clubs like st george illawarra Newcastle and the tits for propping them up for years. The broadcasters pay the bills. The broadcasters want the Broncos playing Friday nights. It's that f**ken simple idiot.

Nothing but bite the hand that feeds them.

Reactions: gUt

Latest posts