What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Central Coast Mariners Thread

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
As I'm not a huge A League fan but being the local league I support the CC Mariners mainly because they consist of mostly the ex Parra Power players and staff.

So, anyone else out there a Mariner's fan ?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Mariners sign teenage defender

August 01, 2007

CENTRAL Coast has signed local talent Ian McAndrew for the 2007-2008 A-League season.

The defender, 18, was born and raised on the New South Wales Central Coast, and he is the first graduate of the Mariners' youth academy.

McAndrew, from Wyoming, joins two fellow Central Coast youngsters in Bradley Porter, from Kanwal, and Andrew Redmayne, from Gosford, as the Mariners' three mandatory restricted-age signings.

McAndrew is the eighth signing for season three, after Dean Heffernan, Mile Jedinak, Greg Owens, Sasho Petrovski, Andrew Redmayne, Matt Simon and Matthew Trott.

The Mariners face Perth Glory in a pre-season cup semi-final at Bluetongue Central Coast Stadium in Gosford on Saturday.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22170948-5000940,00.html

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm gathering support Fishy

there must be some Mariners fans out there some where

Macca_

Coach
If anyone, I give them a cheer. Same reason as you Twiz.

Not a big A-League follower though.

Normally just have a punt.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Macca_ said:
If anyone, I give them a cheer. Same reason as you Twiz.

Not a big A-League follower though.

Normally just have a punt.

gee, there's a shock

Foz

Bench
I'm a Mariners fan and happy to admit to it.
Ex-Coasties player so who else would I support?
Hoping they do well this year.
I think you'll find theres a few more people who support the Mariners than a lot of people think.
Like a lot of sides though results will determine how big the following is.

fish eel

Immortal
to be fair, from what I understand, they way the mariners have worked to integrate themselves with their local community is outstanding, and a lead everyone else, regardless of code, should follow

Dutchy

Immortal
I am a big Mariners fan, just like league, I have season club membership of the highest order. Looking forward to the new season.

Your Garden Sheds may have 4 walls and a window. But we are the CCM 07/08 League Champions!

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Not a big fan.

Being a coastie and football fan it leaves me with no choice. Few of my mates are right into it.

I can't get that into it though, it's hard to get enthusiastic about sh*t quality games.

...but I still go to matches.

Dutchy

Immortal
Just a note.

If you are interested in becoming a season ticket holder or football club member, sent me a pm and I'll help you out.

Also, If you wish be become a Marinator - PM me please.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Marinator eh?

Good fun sitting with you blokes with a dozen schooners :)

The kiddies ruin it though..Bay 16 should be 18+. Way too many kids, adults get offended, from what I've seen anyway.

Thought about getting a membership, but $160 is a bit steep for my liking.

Twizzle - Terrigal boy through and through :) I've seen Ron Jeremy out and about a few times.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
CC_Eagle said:
Marinator eh?

Good fun sitting with you blokes with a dozen schooners :)

The kiddies ruin it though..Bay 16 should be 18+. Way too many kids, adults get offended, from what I've seen anyway.

Thought about getting a membership, but $160 is a bit steep for my liking.

Twizzle - Terrigal boy through and through :) I've seen Ron Jeremy out and about a few times.

I can imagine the conversations

Eels V. Manly,

never met him but chatted to him for years

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Oh don't worry, I've done the typical "i know your face from the internet" thing and not said a word.

I've seen dodger up at Erina a few times too. I love being anonymous, I could be a freak and shout " HEY DODGER/RON" from afar though. It's tempting.