What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Chanel 9 general Incompetence and unprofessionalism thread

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
WP_20160910_20_46_29_Pro.jpg Apologies if there is already one of these. Did anyone else notice this in the second Saturday game? maybe their way of introducing the Victoria v QLD state of origin.. cant be too far away as we all know league is dead in N.S.W... :rolleyes:

Also in addition its obvious that Fox are just getting the chanel9 feed for the finals. every time a decision goes to the bunker you hear very little of the explanation and the footage is almost always out of sync. Chalk and cheese in comparison to Fox.

how the hell do you upload images to the thread in the new format??? never mind got it... couldn't see the upload image button on the original thread creation. spotted it on edit though..

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
It has been great not having to listen to the Ch9 commentary team for the finals, although it will make it more difficult having to switch to them for the GF

taipan

Referee
For me not listening to Warren's shouting and Gould's whining,has got to be a lottery win.

Even if it means watching on Rupert's box.

It has been great not having to listen to the Ch9 commentary team for the finals, although it will make it more difficult having to switch to them for the GF

Turn the commentary off and listen to something else. For example, I would not be surprised if Roy and HG keep up their tradition and do a radio call of the NRL Grand Final again this year.

For me not listening to Warren's shouting and Gould's whining,has got to be a lottery win.

Even if it means watching on Rupert's box.

Yep, I can live with giving my hard earned to that viper in return for a quality production. Fox have it all over the Channel Nein team.

juro

Bench
View attachment 9459 Apologies if there is already one of these. Did anyone else notice this in the second Saturday game? maybe their way of introducing the Victoria v QLD state of origin.. cant be too far away as we all know league is dead in N.S.W... :rolleyes:

Also in addition its obvious that Fox are just getting the chanel9 feed for the finals. every time a decision goes to the bunker you hear very little of the explanation and the footage is almost always out of sync. Chalk and cheese in comparison to Fox.

how the hell do you upload images to the thread in the new format??? never mind got it... couldn't see the upload image button on the original thread creation. spotted it on edit though..
Errors:
- Storm 1
- Cowboys 1
- Nine 9999999

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Sad to say but nrl got smashed in tv ratings on pf weekend..

The sydney ch 9 figures have fallen off a dead set cliff..

Sydney fta and melbourne fta used to be par for both games..

No sydney is 200k + behind

Channel 9 is not even trying anymore

Matt thompson is calling a PF ffs

Nice bloke im sure but really

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
aLF has manufactured interest in their rigged finals with the gws plastics.
If the plastics start to lose, interest will disappear.
If the plastics continue to win with massive advantages and oceans of money as they currently are, it will just hurt their heartland and interest will disappear.

These ratings spikes could well be another example of the tsunami just before it recedes.
That being said, I agree that the NRL needs to take a leaf from the aLF book and demand positive coverage or a lockout of those that are engaging in an unrealistic and negative portrayal of the game in the quest for easy ratings.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
You would hope so...

Problem is Ch 9 are now getting 350k FTA viewers in Sydney for a PF with a Sydney team in it..

used to get 550k minimum, of course the simulcast hasnt helped but, its pretty bad..

Does anyone ever wonder why Fox spend probably millions to fly commentators around the country, when they could take the ch9 commentary for free ?

Brutus

Referee
You would hope so...

Problem is Ch 9 are now getting 350k FTA viewers in Sydney for a PF with a Sydney team in it..

used to get 550k minimum, of course the simulcast hasnt helped but, its pretty bad..

Does anyone ever wonder why Fox spend probably millions to fly commentators around the country, when they could take the ch9 commentary for free ?

I can remember when some prelims were up around 700k in Sydney alone. Even Sunday arvo finals rated really well once upon a time.

Canard

Immortal
Sad to say but nrl got smashed in tv ratings on pf weekend..

The sydney ch 9 figures have fallen off a dead set cliff..

Sydney fta and melbourne fta used to be par for both games..

No sydney is 200k + behind

Channel 9 is not even trying anymore

Matt thompson is calling a PF ffs

Nice bloke im sure but really

When combined with Pay I wonder what they are?

Something about that GWS v Bulldogs game just seem to capture a lot of attention in Melbourne, I also think playing it as an afternoon game seems to have helped also.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
outside of State of Origin I haven't watched a game on 9 all year. Surely those fans don't just disappear. have the numbers just moved to fox ?

gUt

Coach
http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/09/26/giveshaneago-a-modern-day-romeo-and-juliet/

In a segment of “The Sunday Jury,” panellists on Channel 9 went on to criticise the legendary Australian bowler for how he approached the 25-year-old model.

One panellist said that “it’s all a bit creepy.”

“He is like that guy at the end of the bar with all those cheesy lines and hoping one of them will work … and I don’t think they are working anymore.”

All a bit too ironic from the network at airs “Married at First Sight,” a show that forces two complete strangers to get married after being paired together by a neuropsychotherapist, relationship expert and psychologist.

Warne’s former wife Elizabeth Hurley immediately came to his defence, reminding Channel 9 that the 47-year-old is still one of their employees.

Diesel

Referee
When combined with Pay I wonder what they are?

Something about that GWS v Bulldogs game just seem to capture a lot of attention in Melbourne, I also think playing it as an afternoon game seems to have helped also.
I wished we had our Saturday night/Sunday arvo finals back. Does having 20 hours less time(between Sat night currently & 4pm Sunday) to prepare for a GF make any difference when you're talking over a week before the next game?

axl rose

Bench
Im always skeptical about these statistical sample tv ratings anyway. Ive never known anyone with these FTA black boxes that measure TV ratings, ever. And so what if dozens of people have one and decide to go to the pub or attend the GF, wont that screw the whole thing. Dont get me wrong though channel 9 are abysmal in every way.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Im always skeptical about these statistical sample tv ratings anyway. Ive never known anyone with these FTA black boxes that measure TV ratings, ever. And so what if dozens of people have one and decide to go to the pub or attend the GF, wont that screw the whole thing. Dont get me wrong though channel 9 are abysmal in every way.

Well the whole game of RL relies on those figures from the black boxes, lets not question it too much..

Its a system that supports a multi trillion dollar revenue business, im sure it is reasonably statistically sound