What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The cheating Storm Grubs still fudging the numbers

That cant be the case! Surely after you subtract 4 seasons of winning game for cheating the salary cap, he would be well down the rungs into negative.??

Storm coach Craig Bellamy said.

“They throw a lot at you because they’re a real skilful team, but I thought we put a lot pressure on ourselves and it was a real resilient performance.

“It is a real special night for our club with Cameron winning more NRL games than any other player in the history of the game.

“That’s a pretty big thing I reckon…and we’re very proud.”

You guys might not think thats a big statement, but guys like Steve Menzies, Furner, Fittler etc, who never cheated, get forgotten about because of this cheating grub & his cheating grub of a club. Its kind of like Lisa Curry Kenny, Raelene Boyle etc who are forgotten about but in reality were gold & silver medalists .

ghoti

Bench
You guys might not think thats a big statement, but guys like Steve Menzies, Furner, Fittler etc, who never cheated, get forgotten about because of this cheating grub & his cheating grub of a club. Its kind of like Lisa Curry Kenny, Raelene Boyle etc who are forgotten about but in reality were gold & silver medalists .

I'm happy to let it slide keeping in mind that people could likely say the same about our guys for the doping season and non-suspension of our culprits (even though that was all bullshit, it still counts).

People just need to move on from this shit. Smith is the best hooker I've seen play the game...Even with the tarnish he's one of the legends.

Hawkins

Juniors
that's interesting I kinda hate that the salary cap scandal washes out comp wins because you can't change history and I know they did it to Parra last year and years ago I think the dogs were done over but ever as at the time it was clear the storm had the best team and then got done for cheating they let the players keep the stats like points and win loss.

I say let the baby have his bottle. A little * near a premiership win doesn't take away they won the game on the day.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Cunnova team really. Propped up by the NRL to a massive advantage that saw them win a comp in their first few years, only to cheat the system in the worst possible way.

I feel ripped off a little as a long time supporter of an established club. Obviously expansion was paramount to it's present comp, and needed but not at the expense of it's loyal supporters imo.

Hate this team and am so glad we beat these t nucks in the big dance last year.

Card Shark

Immortal
that's interesting I kinda hate that the salary cap scandal washes out comp wins because you can't change history and I know they did it to Parra last year and years ago I think the dogs were done over but ever as at the time it was clear the storm had the best team and then got done for cheating they let the players keep the stats like points and win loss.

I say let the baby have his bottle. A little * near a premiership win doesn't take away they won the game on the day.

They cheated. Their team was assembled by cheating the rules of the game.

I don't wish to remove personal milestones but as a club.....They got what they deserved.

Eion

First Grade
yep. Take the scumbags tries and goals off him too. Happy for them to leave the missed tackles, errors etc though.

shaggs

Coach
You can only beat the team in front of you. Like the knights yesterday.

He will go down as the greatest player ever. His numbers for wins and games played, points scored etc won't be beaten.
Plus add in all the qld games and wins, tests and wins. He will be the leader in all of those.

He is a slimy merkin who has made me yell at the screen and the field many times, but he is a quality footballer who hides a great athlete in a dogs body

Latest posts