What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The chip & chase.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
geez its a good weapon.
Can anybody remember who & when the last shark to successfully pull one off in a tight game against real competition?

carinashark

First Grade
I remember Matt Geyer catching one of our ones and scoring !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My guess would be Les Davidson Reefy!

Thomo.

First Grade
can't remember,

it could be utilised with someone like Kearney at fullback. have the kicker chip and kearney chasing

Quigs

Immortal
T Bishop used it to great effect - he also mastered the grubber, and ... as he followed through his kick - he often got felled by Ian Brady (the invisible man). Either the ref or the linesman would see him prone on the ground and subsequently rule infavour of the prone player and award a penalty directly infront of the posts.

The wrongfully accuesed player would carryon like a pork chop - be off his game - with Sir Thomas baiting him and snapping at his heels for the duration of the game

Led to many a good stoush.... aaahhhh the memories.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88 and fat Controller
Quigs

cheese

Bench
Dykesy last year verse the cows

Video here....it was the match winner ......more a chip than a pitch

http://bigpondguide.com/5340_2_8

Can't remember creaming myself more over a try in recent money.

We were getting pumped and Sir Adam rallied the troops and got us the points. My girlfriend shat herself when she heard me start to scream and cream from the lounge room.

Jeez is it was good watching dykes run the team last year. Fun times.

DJDL

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
geez its a good weapon.
Can anybody remember who & when the last shark to successfully pull one off in a tight game against real competition?

Well it sure a hell wasn't Peachey!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

spider

Coach
penalty goal was the match winner brother cheese

i would not call it a chip - none the less it was good work though

DJDL

Bench
I hope that wasn't an advert for why Dykes should be half over Kimmorley.
He had to set up the 2 tries to make up for the two howlers he had in defence which led to 2 of the Cows tries.

On a side note, is there any truth to the rumour that the Club is editing that first 10 seconds of footage into a highlights package of Darren Albert's career at the Sharks?

:lol: :lol:

Quigs

Immortal
Correct me if I am wrong but I think the great man Sludge use to use it a bit in his arsenal.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88 and Fat Controller
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
And I know he didn't play for the Black White and Blue - but that Phil Blake was "reasonably" good at it too

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88 and Fat Controller
Quigs

spider

Coach
yeah blake was not bad at all

can you remember what the TV ad was blake did?

was it a beer ad quigs?

Inferno

Coach
Didn't Noddy try one against the Stains for Kearney?

Wasn't a bad effort, and pretty unpredictable for Noddy as well.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I remember Rat doing one that shaved the sideline...

99 I think... was it tight?

Probably not. f**k it was good.

Dread

Juniors
I remember a sweet one by ET for Matty Rogers down the left hand side in 2000 against the Dragons.

chili pepper

Bench
I thought Noddy (of all people) pulled off a really good chip & chase to score under the posts against the raiders about 2 seasons ago?

Jason Smith had torn us apart and I think that try got us the points

I remember Don Tweedle doing one in PL once, picked it up knee height and passed inside for a try.

Actually, it may have been a grubber but it sure was funny to watch.

Latest posts