What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Club on game day

shaggs

Coach
Not sure, but whatever it is the ladies at reception told some people on the phone it was full

I've just come back from the club and have been briefed.

The club itself on the day will be strictly LEAGUES CLUB MEMBERS ONLY.

There will be an alcohol free function/presentation on the field for all and sundry.

We will have Marcelo Veloz, the CEO of the leagues club on tomorrows SharkCast TV with a full rundown of the days activities.

Last edited:

jc155776

Coach
Leagues club members only or Sharks members only?

Feel sorry for the interstate platinum supporter who spends thousands missing out over the $5 a year granny.

Not that it effects me, I have a membership. That said plenty of partners will be sitting outside having the old pink lemonade brought out to them!

Eion

First Grade
I just rang the club and they confirmed Leagues Club membership is the one that matters. I've got both, but as I said previously...have got mates coming from interstate that obviously don't.

Anyway, as long as the boys do a presentation thing on the ground then I reckon I can do without a beer or 2. Maybe I'll chuck a Mount Panorama and go and bury a few cases on the field.

Leagues club members only or Sharks members only?

Feel sorry for the interstate platinum supporter who spends thousands missing out over the $5 a year granny.

Not that it effects me, I have a membership. That said plenty of partners will be sitting outside having the old pink lemonade brought out to them!

If you know anyone in that boat encourage them to get in touch with the club, I'm sure something can be worked out but 90 minutes after full time on the busiest day ever isn't the time to do that.

I don't know how strict they are going to be. Maybe the goons on the door wont be able to differentiate between a leagues club membership card and a season ticket. Maybe they will.

It pays to be prepared.

Eion

First Grade
I asked about interstate and the advice they gave was to try to get them to come to the club before to get membership. My mob come down sat arvo so will try to get them the $5 1 year jobby then.

No guarantees otherwise.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
In 2010 kogarah was open to fans and serving piss n food. Field was fully accessible and the game was on two big screens. It was shitty weather. Cold n wet. A few thousand. The place was a madhouse two hours after full time.

Why aren't Sharkies doing something like that? Perfect weather and it backs on to the club. Have a dry area for families, let em bring their own food and whatever.

Craigerson

Juniors
The club originally intended to open up the stadium for the game but the NRL said they could only do that if the game is sold out as it would discourage fans from buying ticks.

What's planned is " confidential as per the NRL" but Lyall will not disappoint and I advise you all have your leagues memberships ready and get to the leagues after we flog the storm merkins

jc155776

Coach
Game looks sold out almost. Apparently only singles left over the place or a few in the storm section.

jc155776

Coach
Good news.

Sharks have updated the page.

Football club members are automatically leagues club members just need to bring a valid ID and get it sorted which from what people have rang the club have told me can be done prior to 12pm Sunday.

Seems very fair. Can't expect them sorting memberships later than that.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
It won't be a carnival after the game lol

More a zoo. Telling ya. Theres not a thing I've experienced that is above a premiership.

Pure ecstacy. Justification. Revenge. Relief. Pride.

Everything, all at once. Like a huge footballing orgasm.

Best thing is the smile knowing that all the pain, anguish, villification, tears, tantrums, punch ups, break ups and let downs have all been worth it.

Madsharkie

First Grade
What do you mean 'get it sorted' jc? I'm an interstate member, flying down Saturday night, does that mean I'm good to go, or still need to visit the club and do something?