What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

shiznit

Coach
I'm looking forward to it...

The first one surprised the hell out of me... I didn't know too much about them before the films...

It was a blast... hopefully this continues it...

shiznit

Coach
Watched Guardians Vol. 2 - IMO not as good as the original.. but still really good fun.

If you enjoyed the first one you will enjoy this one.

There certainly are some issues but I don't wanna go in to it until more people have seen it... to avoid spoiling.

Watched Guardians Vol. 2 - IMO not as good as the original.. but still really good fun.

If you enjoyed the first one you will enjoy this one.

There certainly are some issues but I don't wanna go in to it until more people have seen it... to avoid spoiling.

I got all excited yesterday to hear Nathan Fillion was Wonder Man, only to find his scenes have been mostly cut.

Parra Pride

Coach
Saw Guardians and loved it. First one is better but anyone who liked that should have no problem happily sitting through this.

Couldn't believe we got a f**king Zune refence in 2017.

McNulty

Juniors
Loved GOTG2. I have one complaint though. Baby Groot. They have bled that one for all it is worth. He should have grown to full size as soon as they crashed onto the planet with all the trees.

shiznit

Coach
I got all excited yesterday to hear Nathan Fillion was Wonder Man, only to find his scenes have been mostly cut.

The dude from Firefly?? TBH unless he was all dressed up as an alien or maybe a deformed looking ravenger ... I don't remember even seeing him.

I might have to watch it again and look out for him next time.

Last Week

Bench
Pretty much agree with other reviews. Not as good as the first one, but fun.

I thought it took a while for the plot to actually be made clear. Honestly didn't feel like there was a plot until the third act and the first two acts were just time fillers. But I did like the third act. It was a good way for a movie to end.

shiznit

Coach
Pretty much agree with other reviews. Not as good as the first one, but fun.

I thought it took a while for the plot to actually be made clear. Honestly didn't feel like there was a plot until the third act and the first two acts were just time fillers. But I did like the third act. It was a good way for a movie to end.
Yup I agree... that's probably my biggest issue... the plot kinda got muddled into a heap of smaller storylines for individual characters. That's not to say they weren't all funny... they were still funny as hell... they just didn't make a whole heap of sense to the story as a whole...

Also... it was great that they didn't force the avengers infinity war tie in... there was no tie in at all... which was great as I think the more serious tone of the rest of the MCU could ruin the magic of stand alone GOTG film.

Im guessing Thor may introduce them to it... which makes sense as that is looking like having a lighter tone to the story.

The plot of GOTG2 was like any normal comic book series. All over the shop. But the repartee was crisp and swift.

But still better than 90% of the Marvel/DC movies out there. I like my comic movies fun. This delivered in spades.

Frederick

Staff member
Reports out today that both Zach and Deborah Snyder have stepped down from all involvement in Justice League due to the suicide of their daughter back in March. As much as I don't like the guy no-one should have to live through that, and they both have my sincere condolences.

In Snyders absence Joss Whedon has been hired to finish directing the movie, and is still on track for November release

Latest posts