What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

hrundi99

First Grade
Daredevil's origin story relates that while living in the historically gritty or crime-ridden, working class Irish-American neighborhood of Hell's Kitchen in New York City, Matt Murdock is blinded by a radioactive substance that falls from a truck after he pushes a man to safety from the oncoming vehicle. While he no longer can see, the radioactive exposure heightens his remaining senses beyond normal human ability and gives him a "radar sense".

So, yes, he has special powers.

shiznit

Coach
FTR...my favorites are Batman, Daredevil and Ironman....

These are just dudes..

All the others are mutants, aliens, or have some special power beyond a normal man or women.

Stiil cool, but it is imaginary..

The Batman, the Daredevil and the Ironman are plausible.....
The punisher is a baaaaaad motherf**ker...

I loved him in DD Season 2.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Daredevil's origin story relates that while living in the historically gritty or crime-ridden, working class Irish-American neighborhood of Hell's Kitchen in New York City, Matt Murdock is blinded by a radioactive substance that falls from a truck after he pushes a man to safety from the oncoming vehicle. While he no longer can see, the radioactive exposure heightens his remaining senses beyond normal human ability and gives him a "radar sense".

off the list......

gUt

Coach

You probably know this but the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles were created in the same accident.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Doesn't black panther turn into a panther? Does in the cartoons.

NATASHA ROMANOVA............got so much hotter when Scarlett played her...

Black-Widow-e1461822665611.jpg

hrundi99

First Grade
So who are the non-magic non-super power hero's??

Batman
Ironman
War Machine
The Punisher
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Falcon
Black Panther
Antman
Star Lord(although does that change now with Ego being his dad)

Black Panther uses a herb of some description which enhances his abilities.

Based on GOTG2 Star Lord has special powers.

Frederick

Staff member
Reviews of Spider-Man Homecoming are pouring in and they seem overwhelmingly positive so far.

Also Marvel dropped the first full trailer for Inhumans today:

Jono078

Referee
Watched Wonder Woman the other night - Frickin loved it!

Most definitely think it's worth checking out if you haven't already.

18to87

First Grade
Spider-man was great. Quite a few laughs and a good story. A nice twist with the Vulture that I didn't see coming.

Parra Pride

Coach
Spider-Man was great, and it was good to see a Villain that wasn't touched upon in the last two tries at this. Now give us a good Venom, which is a bit contradictory to what I just said but we need it for a Carnage movie. Make it happen, Marvel.

EDIT: That theme playing during the Marvel logo stuff was nice too.

Last edited:

18to87

First Grade
Spider-Man was great, and it was good to see a Villain that wasn't touched upon in the last two tries at this. Now give us a good Venom, which is a bit contradictory to what I just said but we need it for a Carnage movie. Make it happen, Marvel.

EDIT: That theme playing during the Marvel logo stuff was nice too.

Following the during credits scene, it would appear that perhaps some version (or watered down version) of the Sinister Six characters is coming. Perhaps the sequel will incorporate some of them, with a spin-off movie after that.

The best Spider-man arc still involves Norman Osborn but it could be 2040 until we see that again.

Last Week

Bench
I thought the character development in it was great. It was obvious but entertaining.

I loved the swerve with Vulture. No one saw that coming. I really wished that the relationship between Spiderman and Vulture developed a little bit more. I thought that was the most interesting part of it.

I didn't like how much of a kids movie it was. It was seriously something that they would put on following Barney.

Overall, I enjoyed Ironman 4.