What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

shiznit

Coach
This might sound like a really, really dumb question.....

But would it be at all possible for DC to approach Marvel Studios to make a stand alone film for a DC character like Green Lantern.

Obviously it wouldn't be part of the MCU... the studio would just make it as its own film.

I just think WB are just ruining the f**k out of some great DC properties and I wonder what Marvel Studios could do with Green Lantern.

Mind you... Wonder Woman was really good... so WB's are hopefully on the right track..

shiznit

Coach
Actually thinking about it properly.... the question would be would WB allow Disney to make film with one of its properties???

Which when you think of it that way would be a big no... :joy::joy:

Caped Crusader

Juniors
No, they never would.

I believe WB are moving in the right direction now, especially given the success of WW.

Ive also heard that some Aquaman footage was shown as SDCC and it blew everyones minds

McNulty

Juniors
That Infinity war scene and description is amazing. A decade of movies building up to this. The ultimate threat. WOW

This is the boat that DC keeps missing. No respect for the buildup and development.

shiznit

Coach
That Infinity war scene and description is amazing. A decade of movies building up to this. The ultimate threat. WOW

This is the boat that DC keeps missing. No respect for the buildup and development.

I kinda think that's one of the reasons I enjoyed WW. It was a really good origin story which really fleshed her character out.

The fact that the backdrop was WW1 also suited the tone more...

Parra Pride

Coach
They actually took the time to give Wonder Woman a back story, but unfortunately we still don't have that for Cyborg or Flash. Batman is in a similar boat to Spider Man in Civil War, this version hasn't been given that backstory but we all know it too well at this point anyway. Hopefully they keep the momentum for Wonder Women going, but it is still way too fast for them to be rushing into Justice League.

This might sound like a really, really dumb question.....

But would it be at all possible for DC to approach Marvel Studios to make a stand alone film for a DC character like Green Lantern.

Obviously it wouldn't be part of the MCU... the studio would just make it as its own film.

I just think WB are just ruining the f**k out of some great DC properties and I wonder what Marvel Studios could do with Green Lantern.

Mind you... Wonder Woman was really good... so WB's are hopefully on the right track..

Why would DC approach Marvel, their direct competitor to make such a movie? That would be like Coke approaching Pepsi to manufacture their latest soft drink.

The reason DC have so many problems, in my opinion, is they do not have a Kevin Feige equivalent solely concentrating on their movies. Geoff Johns may be Chief Creative Officer, but he is overseeing all facets of the business, plus still doing some writing also, which I think spreads him too thin.

shiznit

Coach
Why would DC approach Marvel, their direct competitor to make such a movie? That would be like Coke approaching Pepsi to manufacture their latest soft drink.

The reason DC have so many problems, in my opinion, is they do not have a Kevin Feige equivalent solely concentrating on their movies. Geoff Johns may be Chief Creative Officer, but he is overseeing all facets of the business, plus still doing some writing also, which I think spreads him too thin.
Notice how I said Marvel Studios.... and not just Marvel...

I wasn't saying for DC to have Marvel write a comic for them...

My thinking was that DC was essentially licensing out there properties to WB to make films...

While Marvel Studios were created by Marvel to make Marvel films... which has since exploded in to a massive subsidiary in its own right... I was basically wondering if DC could potentially licence out one of there properties to Marvel Studios to produce a film.

However I actually forgot that DC was actually owned by WB similar to how Marvel is owned by Disney.

So WB would not give a property to Disney.

I was wondering If DC were independent would they consider giving a property to MS to see if they could turn it around... and make them both shitloads of money.

Frederick

Staff member
There's another shot of Brolin with his shirt off and he's in pretty good shape.
UMKXoFm.gif

shiznit

Coach
Pretty badass playing both Thanos & Cable on the big screen...

Even if his movie career turns to complete shit from here on out... he will be able to make a decent living on the convention circuit.

Latest posts