What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Frederick

Staff member
Superb casting
The other two I'll give you (for now), but this?
Henry Cavill - as much personality as my front door
Ben Affleck - looks like he's hated every minute of the role and won't be playing it for much longer
Gal Gadot - who?
Jason Momoa - who??
Ezra Miller - who????
Ray Fisher - f**king who????

Credit where credit's due, it was a masterstroke in casting Jesse Eisenberg to play the biggest genius on screen since Sean Penn in I Am Sam
Good job! Great Casting! 10/10
house-md-thumbs-up.jpg

You know what Marvel's good at?
Making good films
Making lots of money
Outstanding casting

Frederick

Staff member
Don’t forget nearly going broke and selling the rights to their biggest characters
Hey, sometimes you gotta lose money before you make money. Considering they’re on the brink of getting back the characters they sold off, I’d say it hasn’t worked out too badly for them.

It also meant that their B, C & D grade characters could get the kind of exposure that would elevate them to A grade

Game_Breaker

Coach
Hey, sometimes you gotta lose money before you make money. Considering they’re on the brink of getting back the characters they sold off, I’d say it hasn’t worked out too badly for them.

It also meant that their B, C & D grade characters could get the kind of exposure that would elevate them to A grade

Spider man will still be heads and shoulders above any other marvel character

No one really cares about black widow, hawk eye, war machine etc

shiznit

Coach
Marvel can thank Disney for saving their arses
To be fair Marvel were already well on their way before Disney acquired them...

Disney had a dilemma with males aged between 10-35 so they went after Marvel...

You’d like to think all parties did well out of it...

Except Bileduct... Mickey still banged his boyfriend...

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Not sure they were well on their way tbh. Disney bought Marvel in August 2009. At that time only Ironman and Incedible Hulk were released. A good start and im sure plenty of planning was under their belts for more at that time but they wouldnt have gotten anywhere near the funding for a big run of movies if it want for the buy out

The comic side of things at Marvel was in even worse shape and is still floundering

I stand by my statement that Disney saved them

shiznit

Coach
Not sure they were well on their way tbh. Disney bought Marvel in August 2009. At that time only Ironman and Incedible Hulk were released. A good start and im sure plenty of planning was under their belts for more at that time but they wouldnt have gotten anywhere near the funding for a big run of movies if it want for the buy out

The comic side of things at Marvel was in even worse shape and is still floundering

I stand by my statement that Disney saved them
Disney didn’t take over distribution of the MCU until 2012.

Marvel made Iron Man 1 & 2, Thor & Captain America under Paramount and Hulk under Universal.

They had made over 2.29B at the box office before Disney took over the MCU.

I’d say they were well on their way...

mongoose

Coach
Saw JL, wasn't good...
These DC films feel so rushed and slapped together.

Best part was Gal Gadot as wonder woman who is insanely hot. She is at least a much better character than the female marvel characters such as black widdow who has been reduced to nothing more than a love interest for Banner and Scarlet Witch who while very powerful is still just a dainty girl.