What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

McNulty

Juniors
McNulty and I are great friends, genius.

Best friends forever <3

Why, were you the only two people who went to go see Justice League?

I have not seen JL actually - Waiting for it to come out on DVD. Not a big fan of the "universe" DC have built.

I'm a Marvel fanboi. I've posted several times in this thread.

T'Challa was awesome in Avengers. He was pretty shit in BP though. I did like some of his entourage though.
Killmonger was described to be one of the greatest villains. Was fairly lame tbh
The story was fairly ordinary.

I am looking forward to Infinity War though

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Best friends forever <3

I have not seen JL actually - Waiting for it to come out on DVD. Not a big fan of the "universe" DC have built.

I'm a Marvel fanboi. I've posted several times in this thread.

T'Challa was awesome in Avengers. He was pretty shit in BP though. I did like some of his entourage though.
Killmonger was described to be one of the greatest villains. Was fairly lame tbh
The story was fairly ordinary.

I am looking forward to Infinity War though
44de2968-0284-46d4-9a29-b8eadac7731f.jpg

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just saw Black Panther, very enjoyable watch, but fits right in the MCU with no real surprises or stand out moments.
Def worth a watch though, 7/10

shiznit

Coach
Just got out of Black Panther....

My initial reaction is probably my favourite film of the entire MCU.

AMAZING film!!

The setting, the set pieces, the soundtrack...

Of course all the love for The Town!!

Brilliant... just brilliant...

McNulty

Juniors
You could skip Black Panther and not lose anything tho. Absolutely adds zero to the story. Nothing we didn’t already know

shiznit

Coach
You could skip Black Panther and not lose anything tho. Absolutely adds zero to the story. Nothing we didn’t already know

Adds zero the story??

SMH... Black Panther IS THE STORY!! :joy::joy:

I think your missing the point....

The fact the story isn’t tied up needlessly to the bigger MCU sandbox is one of its strengths.

The story stands up on its own brilliantly without having to lean on cameos from iron man like Homecoming or Falcon on Ant-Man.

This is the 18th film in the MCU... you cant have every single story building to the Avengers.

And it’s actually premature to say whether or not this film ‘adds nothing to the story’ or is ‘nothing we don’t already know’...

Because I don’t know if you’ve seen the Avengers infinity war trailer... but it looks like Wakanda plays a massive part in it...

So if Shuri turns up on Infinity War smoking Thanos’ army flying a spaceship remotely from a lab you won’t have to wonder what the f**k is going on. :joy::joy:

natheel

Coach

It picks up after Civil War but shows us Wakanda and tells the story of T’Challa and his path to being King and what he wants to do with wakanda which will then tie in with Infinity War. The 2 post credits scenes support this

Game_Breaker

Coach
It was ok, not great and definitely not the greatest film in the MCU - still entertaining

The problem (again) is the villain, and not Michael B. Jordan's fault, it was just poorly written. We find out halfway through the film what his intentions are and then he quickly takes the throne and nearly just as fast he loses it

Marvel just don't know how to write a good villain

Frederick

Staff member
Meh.... People are just going to ignore the audience reaction to these movies on these websites now... positive or negative.

Cinema Score is better anyway... they base the score on exit polls people complete on the way out of the film...

Meh, so boring. Such snoozefest. Pass.....

shiznit

Coach
It was ok, not great and definitely not the greatest film in the MCU - still entertaining

The problem (again) is the villain, and not Michael B. Jordan's fault, it was just poorly written. We find out halfway through the film what his intentions are and then he quickly takes the throne and nearly just as fast he loses it

Marvel just don't know how to write a good villain

Killmonger was awesome I thought... but i actually do agree with what your saying...

His actual story was great. He wasn’t really a villain as such... he was more an antagonist with a different view on how things based on the hand he was dealt with in life.

Without wanting to spoil it... the contrast between T’Challa and Killmonger being born out of the situations they were brought up in was fascinating....

That whole contrast between the regal untouched powerful king and a broken kid who comes from a fellow group of Africans but ultimately colonised in another part of the world was good.

But it just seemed his arc felt small for a character with such depth.