What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

LESStar58

Referee
That shits just as bad as those right wing nut jobs who tried to tank the films reaction scores...

I find the attitude of both the PoC and the guilty white liberals telling people they can't see it to be beyond reprehensible. I also find the people trolling with tales of being white and assaulted at screenings to be pretty poor form as well.

shiznit

Coach
I find the attitude of both the PoC and the guilty white liberals telling people they can't see it to be beyond reprehensible. I also find the people trolling with tales of being white and assaulted at screenings to be pretty poor form as well.

At the end of the day it’s abit of fictional entertainment.... nothing more, nothing less...

The themes are refreshing and in the context of film I can understand the amount of attention it has received...

But I think whether it’s a good film or a shit film... it’s not going to bring about this giant social change that people think it will bring.

I saw it... I loved it... I would highly recommend it to anyone who’s interested.. whether they are black, white, orange, purple, blue or whatever...

Frederick

Staff member
'Black Panther' Delivers Fifth Largest Opening of All-Time, Heading Toward $218M+ 4-Day Debut
by Brad Brevet

February 18, 2018

Dominating the weekend and delivering one of the largest opening weekends of all-time, Disney and Marvel's Black Panther topped the President's Day weekend box office, outperforming its nearest competitor by nearly $175 million based on estimates. As a result, fellow new wide releases were left in the dust with both Lionsgate's Early Man and PureFlix's Samson struggling in the low single digits. The weekend did, however, have other notable performances such as Sony's Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, which became the studio's second highest grossing domestic release of all-time, and Fox's The Greatest Showman, which has now topped $150 million at the domestic box office.

Atop the weekend box office with an estimated $192 million for the three-day weekend, Black Panther delivered the fifth largest three-day domestic opening in history and is currently expected to finish around $218 million for the four-day holiday weekend. The performance is also the largest February opening of all-time, the largest President's Day weekend opening of all-time and gives Disney eight of the top ten domestic openings of all-time. Within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Black Panther is the eighteenth release in the franchise and the ninth to open with over $100 million. It's also the second largest opening in the MCU, behind only The Avengers ($207.4m) and topping the $191 million debut for Avengers: Age of Ultron.

From an audience standpoint, Black Panther received an "A+" CinemaScore and played to an audience that was 55% male vs. 45% female, of which 61% were over the age of 25.

Internationally, Black Panther brought in an estimated $169 million from 48 markets for a global, three-day debut of $361 million, the fifteenth largest global opening weekend of all-time. The film managed this feat despite not debuting in China (March 9), Japan (March 1) or Russia, where the film will open next weekend along with Vietnam, Trinidad, Peru and Venezuela. Overall, South Korea leads all markets where the film brought in an estimated $25.3 million followed by the UK ($24.8m), Mexico ($9.6m), Brazil ($9.4m) and Australia ($9.2m).

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4371&p=.htm

Terrible results. Obviously this movie is boring and not worth my time.

Pass

Frederick

Staff member
You mean the last movie that you and your twig buddies arranged a Facebook group to mass down-vote it on aggregate websites?

hrundi99

First Grade
Saw BP yesterday and thought it was great.

It looked amazing and there was genuine emotion and some well-timed humour.

An empathetic antagonist as well.

Last Week

Bench
The thing that I was really glad to see with Black Panther was that it appears that Disney are finally holding back on their quips.

The humour had dried up and needed to be reigned in. Which it did.

Ragnarok I thought suffered from the quips. Like, Asgard literally just blew up, an entire race and an Avenger is homeless, and that's the time for humour?

Game_Breaker

Coach
The thing that I was really glad to see with Black Panther was that it appears that Disney are finally holding back on their quips.

The humour had dried up and needed to be reigned in. Which it did.

Ragnarok I thought suffered from the quips. Like, Asgard literally just blew up, an entire race and an Avenger is homeless, and that's the time for humour?

Don’t hold your breath

Thanos will be kicking everyone’s ass and blow up the galaxy and there’ll still be time a joke