What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

elyod138

Bench
Do you mean the whole
broken back
deal? That could be an interesting way if this is indeed the end to Nolan's take on the series.

I think that event has a good chance of happening, and after that the 'Rises' part of the title will come into play.

Liam Neeson has been spotted on set too, and some people think Marion Cotillard's character could be Tahlia Al Ghul using a false name.

I'm hoping Bane is involved with the League of Shadows and Catwoman is an ally to Batman.

Last edited:

elyod138

Bench
If that were to happen, what would be the chances of Azrael/Jean-Paul Valley appearing?

I would have loved that storyline to come into play in the Nolan films.

Joseph Gordon Levitt could probably play a different character that plays a similar role to Azrael in the story.

He doesn't have the right build to portray Azrael himself though and I can't see anyone else in the cast who could possibly play him.

Last edited:

Parra Pride

Coach
I would have loved that storyline to come into play in the Nolan films.

Joseph Gordon Levitt could probably play a different character that fills plays a similar role to Azrael in the story.

He doesn't have the right build to portray Azrael himself though and I can't see anyone else in the cast who could possibly play him.

I don't think his build would come into play that much if they gave him Azrael's
powered up Batman suit
But then they would need more than one film to let his whole alter ego deal play out while
Bruce recovers.
Oh well, one can dream.

Last edited:

PJ

First Grade
For that story arc I really think they need night wing and more characters introduced, and there just isn't enough time.

Would have been fantastic if it was around film 6 and do it properly. Nolan could have come back and done a conceding 3 film arc

azzah72

Bench
I would say that the spoilerific point you guys are making about bane may happen about half way through and then batty boy spoilers and the film ends

or it a completely different skew, perhaps it's in fact gordon that cops the spoiler. Nolans twisted stuff up before.

Bazal

Post Whore
It was great to finally get a good interpretation of Batman on film, I am really looking forward to this one and I hope they continue to make films in this vein. I had heard a rumour at one stage that they would continue, with Nolan in a smaller role, but god knows...wait and see I suppose

Also, I think after Heath died and they necked Harvey, Bane was really the only way they could go that might be worse for Batman than the Joker was.

Parra Pride

Coach
It was great to finally get a good interpretation of Batman on film, I am really looking forward to this one and I hope they continue to make films in this vein. I had heard a rumour at one stage that they would continue, with Nolan in a smaller role, but god knows...wait and see I suppose

Also, I think after Heath died and they necked Harvey, Bane was really the only way they could go that might be worse for Batman than the Joker was.

Surely Calender Man or Condiment King would have been a fearsome villain for Batman?

Seriously though, after Ra's al Ghul was in Batman Begins I was hopeful we would get to see Hugo Strange, but no such luck..... yet.

Last edited:
Hugo Strange would have been better in Batman Begins then Scarecrow in DKR not the other way. I'd rather see Black Mask than Bane but Bane is a story that should be told over two films.

It's a shame Nolan wanted to keep it close to reality (lol Ra'as al Ghul) because Mr Freeze needs to have the wrongs of Schumacher corrected

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Russell Crowe is not allowed to be Jor-El. Sounds like a disgrace to the franchise already.

Zod's in it though. Interesting.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I feel that Bane is too much of a one dimensional character. I think they need something a bit more then Bane to add to the storyline. Anyone know of any other rumoured villains that are in it?

elyod138

Bench
I feel that Bane is too much of a one dimensional character. I think they need something a bit more then Bane to add to the storyline. Anyone know of any other rumoured villains that are in it?

Do you know Bane from the comics, or just the Schumacher film?

The film version of Bane was terrible and unfaithful.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Do you know Bane from the comics, or just the Schumacher film?

The film version of Bane was terrible and unfaithful.

I know a bit (more a Superman fan myself). I know he was initially more of a genius who then basically went on super steroids.

I found that the Nolan films were great because of the mental side of it rather then the action of it all. It seems most of the twists if they go with THAT storyline will come from other characters, rather then just Bane himself.

Bane I just don't think can give the same depth to the story from what I know of him. I don't know too much about his background.

elyod138

Bench
I know a bit (more a Superman fan myself). I know he was initially more of a genius who then basically went on super steroids.

I found that the Nolan films were great because of the mental side of it rather then the action of it all. It seems most of the twists if they go with THAT storyline will come from other characters, rather then just Bane himself.

Bane I just don't think can give the same depth to the story from what I know of him. I don't know too much about his background.

I think he has a pretty interesting back story, they probably won't touch on it much in the film though.

His intellect plays a larger role in his story than his strength, which is an added bonus.

Big Pete

Referee
Considering Hardy is playing him I'll say Bane will exceed expectations.

Should be a great film and a good way for Nolan to bow out from this series.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Its got a lot to beat. The Dark Knight was massive and I think without Heath Ledger, people will not accept this film as being better.

Super excited. A few movies coming out soon I cant wait for.

Adsy

Juniors
Comes out in exactly 1 year from today.

That minute trailer alone was enough to give me an erection.

Adsy

Juniors

Bane plays better mind games then The Joker.

elyod138

Bench
I think it'll be very good, better than the Raimi films.

Marc Webb is great, Andrew Garfield is great, Emma Stone is great.

Those three are all extremely talented, they are entering the prime of their careers and could pretty much choose to do whatever they wanted, I doubt they would choose a stinker.

Last edited: