What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Corey Norman scandal thread

TheDMC

Bench
Meanwhile Gubb get's 7 weeks, (1 week less than Norman) for a shoulder tackle that didn't go near a noggin.

NRL penalties are consistently a mess.

I've had more than enough of ppl dragging RL through the mud. Norman should have bn suspended for longer, he was in court for drug possession. It's the lead story on the BBC RL web page, and I felt a little embarrassed this morning when reading it, it sounds as if it should have bn a longer ban.

Snappy

Coach
Eels superstar Corey Norman is off-contract at season's end, and this may be the last we see of him in the blue and gold given the suspension handed down by the NRL today.

It's been well reported that the Dragons are chasing Norman hard, and have tabled an offer in an attempt to lure him away from the embattled Parramatta club.

Norman will not play again this year after an eight week suspension was handed down by theNRL Integrity Unit in response to several matters: his conviction for drug possession at the Star; a police warning for consorting with known criminals; and filming and distributing incidents involving apparent drug use and sexual activity.

The suspension includes his time stood down in round 19 and runs through until round 26.

After last week's loss to the Panthers, the Eels are no guarantee of making the finals - even if they win all of their remaining seven games.

Earlier on Triple M
The Dragons are reportedly about to table a $2.4 million deal for Corey Norman for three years. Listen to the full report below.

"All I know is the Dragons are good at giving second chances. Look at Russell Packer, Josh Dugan, myself - he might need to get out of Sydney," Triple M's Wendell Sailor said.

"The most important player for Parramatta at the moment is Corey Norman. They should table a big offer for him, and I couldn't understand why the Dragons hadn't.

"The only other guy on that sort of money is Josh Dugan."

This news comes after Corey Norman pleaded guilty in court this morning of the possession of MDMA capsules at the Star earlier in the year.

The Eels are yet to make a formal statement about the matter regarding any club-instated reprimand.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...rman-has-played-his-last-game-for-parramatta/

Chook

First Grade
Nah mate. Yourself?

I think the fine seems pretty spot on really. Lesser monetary fine than Pearce but same suspension. Pearce's fine was really $75k also given the $50k suspension.

Pearce didn't break the law, last time I checked being in possession of illegal drugs is breaking the law.

Chook.

Last edited by a moderator:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Has a team ever lost their entire spine in the space of one season? Especially without that spine being complete ratshit to begin with?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
robson has hinted he wants one more season before hanging up the boots so if norman goes the eels will be fine ;)