What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Covell Awards

Fangs

Coach
Can the legend who created this illustrious award step forward? We have a new candidate after Brock Lamb's Sunday afternoon classic at Belmore. He deserves the honour.

Lets relive one, for old times sake:

roofromoz

First Grade
In 2006, both Rhys Wesser and Trent Waterhouse were given kicking duties at various times. Some quality unsuccessful conversions there from memory.

moffla

Bench
Lockyer in his final ever game. Aus vs Eng, missed from right in front (after scoring the final try to be fair)

Totally unfair name to this award.
Covell was an elite kicker in his time and I can't him remember him producing anything like the trash seen here.

I'll get the great man on our podcast to have a say, he was pretty vocal about what happened yesterday on Facebook.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
i remember glen morrison having a few cracks at goal in the early 00's when we were down some troops. Having one shanked shocker out of 100 shots (hell even el masri completely butchered one that only went a few feet high and grubbered far to the left) is ok, it happens. But doing 3 or 4 in a row just takes it to a new level, Cheers for the memories Morro

Fangs

Coach
In 2006, both Rhys Wesser and Trent Waterhouse were given kicking duties at various times. Some quality unsuccessful conversions there from memory.

Some absolute classic kicks in that. I remember Wesser missed 0/4 in one game and Waterhouse ended up replacing him. Might have been at Penrith stadium

King hit

Coach
There was a game in the 90's where Shaun Timmons missed a kick from 10 out in front at North Sydney to win. Daley missed sitters in his Origin and test debuts.

Tiger5150

Bench
i remember glen morrison having a few cracks at goal in the early 00's when we were down some troops. Having one shanked shocker out of 100 shots (hell even el masri completely butchered one that only went a few feet high and grubbered far to the left) is ok, it happens. But doing 3 or 4 in a row just takes it to a new level, Cheers for the memories Morro

Glen Morrison was a scumbag.

grouch

First Grade
Wayne Bartrim in his Gold Coast days.. shanked a penalty kick and the ball hit Mark Geyer in the head.

The good news for Brock Lamb is Barto went on to win several big games with his boot, and played for Australia

myrrh ken

First Grade
The covell and croker ones arent that bad.

There are some beauties here - potato quality though

Latest posts