What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cowboys are destroying Thurston's legacy

Should JT be an Immortal?

• No

• Yes

• BunniesMan is an idiot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Iafeta

Referee
I would not be surprised if we have a repeat GF next year. The Cowboys have amazing balance and depth and a tremendous coach. In a way it shows how rubbish Neil Henry was, his performance and the style they played was awful.

Aside from the big names, young Jensen and Asiata look like tremendous footballers in their own right.

some11

Referee
In a way it shows how rubbish Neil Henry was, his performance and the style they played was awful.

What ever are you talking about? the Titans played with great consistency this year and.. wait no they were shithouse.

King hit

Coach
And O'Davis, Gidley, MacDougall, Simpson and Tahu. It was a great side, better than the Parramatta team they beat as well. It was no fluke, the superior and more talented team won that night.

You can't deny that the Eels were the best team throughout 2001. Broke every record but choked and faced the true greatest in the big one.

mozza91

Coach
You can't deny that the Eels were the best team throughout 2001. Broke every record but choked and faced the true greatest in the big one.
That year we played them twice with Johns and once without Johns. Got hammered without him and beat them comfortably both times with him there.

Knightmare

Coach
And O'Davis, Gidley, MacDougall, Simpson and Tahu. It was a great side, better than the Parramatta team they beat as well. It was no fluke, the superior and more talented team won that night.

They gave the Eels a touch-up early in the season one Friday night as well- Tahu scored a couple of long-range tries, if I recall?

Joey Johns added much more value to Newcastle than JT adds to NQ. They were a rabble without Joey. The Cowboys don't need JT.

Joey was a freak but you must be taking the piss if you think JT doesn't make a difference. I get the stats with and without him are NOT too far off from each other but he still hands down influenced and won many games by setting players up, goal kicking and especially field goals.

Hop your way back into your burrow merkin!

Morgan is better than Thurston
Proved it beyond doubt in the last 18 months

You forgot to include the last 13 years. Including Thurston in the past 18 months when he has been plagued by injury is just laughable. Dont get me wrong I rate Morgan and he's had a good turnaround in terms of form and becoming a complete footballer. But don't cum in your boxers prematurely man no way is Morgan better than Thurston he still has a long ways to go to be on that level.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Next season:

6. Thurston
7. Morgan

Give Morgan ownership of the team. That way the post JT transition will be seamless and Thurston doesn't have the pressure of organising the team in his final year.

He can just slay defensive lines all day with less responsibility like Keary does at the Roosters. Only better of course.

carcharias

Immortal
You forgot to include the last 13 years. Including Thurston in the past 18 months when he has been plagued by injury is just laughable. Dont get me wrong I rate Morgan and he's had a good turnaround in terms of form and becoming a complete footballer. But don't cum in your boxers prematurely man no way is Morgan better than Thurston he still has a long ways to go to be on that level.

the most over rated player in the game is Thurston
Yeah he's great but f**k he gets some absolute dopes pulling their cocks over him.

Morgan won the grand final for them
Not Thurston
How he got man of the match is a disgrace.