What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cricket Quiz

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Good stuff... thanks.

Playing in Australia, what is Mark Taylor's batting average against New Zealand?
(in Test Cricket)

Damn Joe! I didn't know there was more than one that fits the bill.
Chanderpaul fits the profile, scoring his highest score of 140against his country of origin, India, while playing for the Windies in the third testin 2002/03 at Calcutta , but he isn't the player I had in mind.
The other player who achieved the same milestone didn't play for the Windies.
I'll give clues if this drags.
Excellent effort though Joe :)

imported_JoeD

Juniors
RD there seem to be lots of answers to your original question. MM Patel was born in Mumbai, played for England in tests v India in 1996 and scored his highest score against India. However that highest score was only 27. Therefore he can not be be your guy as he has never score a test 50.

Okay.
Let's see if we can narrow this down a notch.
Clue: The man in question was both a Right Arm LegSpin Bowler and Right Hand Batsman who camein as an opener or at number three in all his test batting appearences.
More clues to come if need be.

Geez Joe, you'd think "born in India" would mean just that. Anyway...
So far -
Clue 1: He never scored a test century and scored a 50+ only once in his career.
Clue 2: The man in question was both a Right Arm LegSpin Bowler and Right Hand Batsman who camein as an opener or at number three in all his test batting appearences.

& now...
Clue 3: He playedboth Test level and ODI levelfor England. He had a Test level batting average of 26.75 and a test level bowling average of 17.00

imported_JoeD

Juniors
The reason I asked is because yousaid that my guess ofChanderpaul could have been right but wasn't the person you were thinking of. However he wasn't born in India but Guyana I think.