What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Development

Card Shark

Immortal
First time I've seen it since the GF celebrations - it's really coming along.

2 observations...

The apartments are not that attractive a design;
The heights are not too overbearing.

jc155776

Coach
Need at least three more towers at 20'stories a piece. Just to shit on the locals some more. Then give all the profits to everyone except the sharks. Just to piss in our mouths.

Quigs

Immortal
Thought I'd drop this in here for some historical reference.

44 years ago the development albiet the clubhouse starting point looked like this.

development-00-1973.jpg

Card Shark

Immortal
Has the excavation started in the leagues club car park for the retail (& maybe hotel) complex?

I thought once the home games were over, we were finally on.

Quigs

Immortal
Don't forget the comrades that reside in places far, far away.

If youse feel the urge to take a photo or two of the development I'd love to see it. I love sharing the joy with the brain deads up here.

Thought I'd drop this in here for some historical reference.

44 years ago the development albiet the clubhouse starting point looked like this.

development-00-1973.jpg

Funny story about the Leagues club building. Originally the plans were drawn up to have the Leagues club on the Western side of the ground. For whatever reason they moved it to the western side, where it now stands. They didn't change the plans though and merely flipped the building around. Thats why the large bay windows are on the Southern side looking over the golf course and there is almost zero view out over the bay on the Northern side.

Here's the original, which I remember seeing featured in Rugby League Life in 1968. Very different club building though.shark park and leagues version 1 from 1968.jpg

Quigs

Immortal
Funny story about the Leagues club building. Originally the plans were drawn up to have the Leagues club on the Western side of the ground. For whatever reason they moved it to the western side, where it now stands. They didn't change the plans though and merely flipped the building around. Thats why the large bay windows are on the Southern side looking over the golf course and there is almost zero view out over the bay on the Northern side.

Well that would sound right when it comes to our club ..... "Cronullafied"

shaggs

Coach
Well that explains the 50 year drought. The feng shui was all out of whack. The chakras were mis-aligned.

All of the earth work on the eastern side has changed the magnetic fields around the ground and changed the flow of chi through the club.
Prosperity and resilience.

Quigs

Immortal
Fear of our religious zealot and his fire and brimstone warning about Gods Floods sweeping away all before them.

We had to exorcise the evil spirits the lurked in the floodplains.

Latest posts