What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The elephant in the salary cap room.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I'll bite.

Is it the requirement to spend 90% of the cap by June 30?

The fact we missed out on Pearce means we still have a large portion that remains unspent.

Is he going back to play fullback there or wing. They have a decent fullback already in Lachlan Coote and not really anywhere else in the backline to play him

Just a depth signing. He’ll likely be the bench utility for Northern Pride

Is this thread about BB coming back to the sharks?
No. its about salary cap & value for money. Holmes is done at fullback & it is obvious Flanno has prepared for this scenario. Sp when Krakatoa is fit & ready, who is going to get the gig?
there for the condundrum is, does holmes provide $500k more value than Katoa.
This is where we startusing all the superlatives that holmes fan boys used for the last 3 years.
Potential. Learning gelling etc etc.
IMO , Katoa appears much faster. & hes already proven himself as a great finisher.
Throw the spare $500k to Benny & beg for forgiveness.

YTSharks

Juniors
No. its about salary cap & value for money. Holmes is done at fullback & it is obvious Flanno has prepared for this scenario. Sp when Krakatoa is fit & ready, who is going to get the gig?
there for the condundrum is, does holmes provide $500k more value than Katoa.
This is where we startusing all the superlatives that holmes fan boys used for the last 3 years.
Potential. Learning gelling etc etc.
IMO , Katoa appears much faster. & hes already proven himself as a great finisher.
Throw the spare $500k to Benny & beg for forgiveness.
Yeah look, that’s the first I’ve picked up this is what the thread is about.
I like Katoa, I think he may be really good, however I’d play Holmes before him anyday if it came down to it. Holmes has proven he is a superstar on the wing, in the future he may be one at fullback as well (this year however, is not the year to be sitting around waiting for that to happen, bring Benny back with the capspace we have left and shelve Holmes at 1 for another couple of years and then see how it goes).
Although, Holmes has played all his rep footy on the left wing, just saying...