What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Euro 2008 thread

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The wankfest over Fabregas is cringeworthy. Once again ties into the EPL.

Iniesta and Senna have been Spain's best players BY FAR, in this tournament. Fabregas doesn't even come close.

He's a very good player but FFS, the plaudits he receives are ridiculous at times.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The wankfest over Fabregas is cringeworthy. Once again ties into the EPL.

Iniesta and Senna have been Spain's best players BY FAR, in this tournament. Fabregas doesn't even come close.

He's a very good player but FFS, the plaudits he receives are ridiculous at times.
He deserves all the plaudits he gets.

He's better than Zidane.

Good bait? The shock of that statement should detract his eyes from this white writing.

Kiwishark

Juniors
Casillas would have to be in the mix surely.

Sergio Ramos played a lot better in the semi - his best game of the tournament

Dragooner

Bench
Hybrid, no one ever said he had been throughout this tournament. I know personally I was just complementing his impact against Russia. Senna has impressed me miraculously, as has Casillas. However I was claiming that Fabregas had done well in that game.

However I don't know what all the fuss is about Iniesta, in my eyes he hasn't been as good as he is being made out to be.

bullsh*t Hybrid! Fabregas is spains best player of all time, no one even comes close! Who the hell are enista, kasilas and serna? they dont play in the premier league so they cant be that good surely!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Hybrid, no one ever said he had been throughout this tournament. I know personally I was just complementing his impact against Russia. Senna has impressed me miraculously, as has Casillas. However I was claiming that Fabregas had done well in that game.

However I don't know what all the fuss is about Iniesta, in my eyes he hasn't been as good as he is being made out to be.

Iniesta sh*ts all over Fabregas in this tournament.

swing_low

Juniors
Senna and Silva have been light years better than the rest of the spanish midfield and that's saying something. DAvid Silva especially, i knew he was a huge talent, but just the way he graciously goes about his business, such a likable character.

As a liverpool supporter though, i'd have to admit Torres' finishing has been abysmal all tournament, even though his positioning etc has been great. Feel sorry for the guy, but can make up for it with a brace in the final. I'm thinking the lack of villa could be a blessing in disguise, with Aragones reverting to a more liverpool-esque formation, with Cesc playing behind Torres a la Gerrard-Torres.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Iniesta sh*ts all over Fabregas in this tournament.
Of course has has. He's had the benefit of starting every game as opposed to coming off the bench.

If both were on the market, Cesc would fetch almost double the price of Iniesta. Again though, Iniesta is still a quality player.

But Fabregas is world class. His touch to set up Spain's second goal was from the clouds. Don't let your EPL hate get in the way of the fact that he's one of the best creative midfielders in the world.

It's not his fault he plays in the richest, most well known and lately most dominant league in the world.

Tall poppy syndrome is still going strong.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Fabregas isn't miles ahead of Iniesta as most commentators would have you believe.

Wonder why Aragones has Fabregas coming off the bench? If he was as great and spectacular as many would lead us to believe, he'd be starting.

Hype.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Fabregas isn't miles ahead of Iniesta as most commentators would have you believe.

Wonder why Aragones has Fabregas coming off the bench? If he was as great and spectacular as many would lead us to believe, he'd be starting.

Hype.
Pfft. Aragones is a clown. He's from the Raymond Domenech school of leaving your best players on the bench.

Granted he's got Spain to the final, but so did Domenech the king of clowns at WC 06.

Even with him coming off the bench, no-one can deny his impact in far fewer minutes. Hiddink himself said Cesc was the difference against Russia. He said they could handle Villa but couldnt handle what Fabregas brought to the team when he came on.

He's a super talent...

fish eel

Immortal
Pfft. Aragones is a clown. He's from the Raymond Domenech school of leaving your best players on the bench.

Actually, I was listening to some analysis, about that issue, and the view seemed to be more that it was about picking your best side, rather than finding spots for your best players.

The view seemed to be with Villa's injury, they may have stumbled on their best side by accident.

Granted he's got Spain to the final, but so did Domenech the king of clowns at WC 06.

Jealous? :lol:

Even with him coming off the bench, no-one can deny his impact in far fewer minutes. Hiddink himself said Cesc was the difference against Russia. He said they could handle Villa but couldnt handle what Fabregas brought to the team when he came on.

He's a super talent...

Fabregas was very good coming off the bench against Russia.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Spain play 4-4-2 with Villa and Torres up front. There is only room for two central midfielders to start and they are Iniesta and Senna (who IMO have been Spain's best players in this tournament by far).

Who do you suggest Aragones drops to accommodate Fabregas?

The answer is none of them. Fabregas will only start when Spain play one up front, as they will do on Monday due to Villa's injury.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player, but there is too much hype and not enough recognition to the likes of Iniesta (who is a fantastic player but by the looks of things someone who the blokes at ITV have obviously never seen play before) etc.