What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The excessive penalty warning

Sphagnum

Coach
Can anyone give me another example of a player being sin binned after a warning like norman was tonight?

Warning was given

Souths scored a converted try

Norman was dubiously penalised a few minutes later

I thought the try nullified the warning?

I know it probably shouldn't but it has in every other instance I can remember.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Can anyone give me another example of a player being sin binned after a warning like norman was tonight?

Warning was given

Wazn was sin binned when Chris Waller dumped him off to another trainer in the bush somewhere

Sphagnum

Coach
When you're looking for examples and you realise the forum is just made up of 2 headed Queensland geniuss who think the refs are great

#feelsbadman

no name

Coach

Warning was given

Hipgrave against Souths.

Danny Levi on Friday night.

There has been quite a few.

On the other side of the coin, both the Roosters and Storm gave 4 penalties away in either 3 or 4 minutes in their round 16 game and neither side had a player binned.

nick87

Coach
Its not a very good system. This matters absolutely not at all but i was confused in the Raiders-Storm game when we had given repeated deliberate infringements away in the red zone and probably SHOULD have been warned

but then the warning came after a mid field, totally incidental head high tackle.
It was a weird place to issue to the warning, almost like the quota had been met and regardless of circumstance it was going to be applied.

I thought the goal was to eliminate deliberate penalties. Short of some Gary Larson level shit, it's hard to argue high contact on a falling player is a deliberate penalty. I dont think that shit should f**king count on the sin bin quota

Parra should have had a player binned at least two penalties earlier imo.

After three on the trot I thought a warning was coming but the refs let it go to five or six before the warning was given. Stupid system.

Sphagnum

Coach
Parra should have had a player binned at least two penalties earlier imo.

After three on the trot I thought a warning was coming but the refs let it go to five or six before the warning was given. Stupid system.
In the first half, Souths gave away 6 penalties in their 10. What are your thoughts on the appropriate penalties for that, cyclops?

Sphagnum

Coach
Hipgrave against Souths.

Danny Levi on Friday night.

There has been quite a few.

On the other side of the coin, both the Roosters and Storm gave 4 penalties away in either 3 or 4 minutes in their round 16 game and neither side had a player binned.
Yeah but different rules for different teams is what makes the NRL great

ek999

First Grade
Souths had 70% possession in the second half so of course they got most of the penalties. When Parra had most of the possession in the first half (64%) they won the penalty count 8-3.

You may not realise this but the vast majority of penalties are awarded to the team in possession

Spot On

Coach

Warning was given

Like nearly all their 2nd half decisions to aid Souths last night .... they make it up as they go.

Thursday night a Bronco's player, who was in an offside position, touches the Cronulla player after a quick tap but no penalty.

Yet, every other instance like that this year ..... penalty straight away.

Anyone's guess how it will be perceived next week.

no name

Coach
Its not a very good system. This matters absolutely not at all but i was confused in the Raiders-Storm game when we had given repeated deliberate infringements away in the red zone and probably SHOULD have been warned

but then the warning came after a mid field, totally incidental head high tackle.
It was a weird place to issue to the warning, almost like the quota had been met and regardless of circumstance it was going to be applied.

I thought the goal was to eliminate deliberate penalties. Short of some Gary Larson level shit, it's hard to argue high contact on a falling player is a deliberate penalty. I dont think that shit should f**king count on the sin bin quota
I’ve harped on it for a while, but the easiest way to eliminate deliberate penalties is to allow quick taps within the 10 and for offside again. Why did they even go to begin with?

It defies belief that the NRL go out of their way to create such an inconsistent subjective ‘system’ when the solution could be so much easier.
Very frustrating.

thorson1987

Coach
I’ve harped on it for a while, but the easiest way to eliminate deliberate penalties is to allow quick taps within the 10 and for offside again. Why did they even go to begin with?

It defies belief that the NRL go out of their way to create such an inconsistent subjective ‘system’ when the solution could be so much easier.
Very frustrating.

This.

Unless the ref has to give a warning or put a player on report, allow quick taps at any time.

Bloody Rapana was quick on it last night. Took the tap and was off before the ref finished blowing his whistle.

gregstar

Referee
too many penalties.
too many knock-backs called knock-ons.
too many shoulder hits called head-highs.

too many referees.

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
when teams give away camerons some teams get less camerons before getting a player binned. The camerons are sometimes unjustified camerons which are counted to towards the quota of camerons before the next cameron results in a sin binning.

Remove camerons from the game then less teams will be screwed over by camerons.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Warning was given

We gave four penalties away on our line and we got he warning.

Why'd it take Parra five- six penalties to be warned. Why not at 4??

Latest posts