What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The excessive penalty warning

Rabbits20

Immortal
What about all the knock ons and forward passes from Parra that were let go and Jennings penalised for contesting a bomb which was fair play..... @Sphagnum

Maximus

Coach
We gave four penalties away on our line and we got he warning.

Why'd it take Parra five- six penalties to be warned. Why not at 4??

The sin bin was the 5th penalty in 8 minutes. So actually they did get it after 4. There was 2 in quick succession, but then 3, 2 and 3 mins in between penalties afterwards.

Souths on the other hand were penalised 3 times in 2 minutes before getting the warning. Hunt then conceded another penalty 1 1/2 mins later. There was less than 3 1/2 mins from the first penalty to the 4th.

Completely different situations.

t-ba

Post Whore
when teams give away camerons some teams get less camerons before getting a player binned. The camerons are sometimes unjustified camerons which are counted to towards the quota of camerons before the next cameron results in a sin binning.

Remove camerons from the game then less teams will be screwed over by camerons.

Will a team getting screwed by Yvonne's need a Barb to get more Camerons?

Someguy

First Grade
Get sin binned for penalties that slow the game, then take 3 minutes to walk off. It should be run to the nearest point to exit the field 10 second limit. If player goes over the limit his sin bin becomes send off and his captain (or stand in) is also binned

Can anyone give me another example of a player being sin binned after a warning like norman was tonight?

Warning was given

Souths scored a converted try

Norman was dubiously penalised a few minutes later

I thought the try nullified the warning?

I know it probably shouldn't but it has in every other instance I can remember.

Don't know if it is exactly the same, but back in Round 12 against the Roosters, Ashley Taylor of the Titans was sin binned after repeated infringements.

Dylan Napa of the Roosters was binned against the Knights in Round 14 for back to back penalties conceded within 80 seconds of each other after the Roosters were warned for repeated infringements (they'd conceded the previous 4 penalties in the 7 minutes prior to Napa's back to back penalties).

STORM.99/07

Bench
when teams give away camerons some teams get less camerons before getting a player binned. The camerons are sometimes unjustified camerons which are counted to towards the quota of camerons before the next cameron results in a sin binning.

Remove camerons from the game then less teams will be screwed over by camerons.
Have you got a pic of Cameron in front of you while you are wanking

ed-grimley

Bench
Refs should be given a quota of free kicks for a game - 12 should suffice. Once the quota is used up there'd be no more frees for the game. It would make them more careful about handing out frivolous penalties too soon in a match. The only problem I can envisage is that the players who can count to 12 would go on a rampage where the quota is reached.:wink: